• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes - and when the cocksure yanks say "“It's a lot harder to build in the UK than, I found, almost anywhere else in the world.” then maybe they need to buy elsewhere ?

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
So Wrexham has a population of 45,000 and they want a 55,000 stadium. Yes of course that's appropriate

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
There’s an awful lot of hate about for Wrexham. Absolutely none of it fed by envy, obviously.

Good on them. They’ve certainly endured enough before the takeover.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
There’s an awful lot of hate about for Wrexham. Absolutely none of it fed by envy, obviously.

I can only speak for myself but I don't dislike Wrexham, it's the coverage they get.

Fair play to them though must be exciting being a fan.

denzel

Not hate and not envy. No problem with their genuine fans.
Just think the owners come out with some garbage occasionally

grecIAN Harris

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we don't get Woods, is Joe Morrell stretching it for us?
No - Amps is his room buddy with Wales so could put in a good word for us plus his mum & dad will have less to travel to watch !

grecIAN Harris

John Marquis🤔. Will give us that experience we sometimes need up front not to mention a presence. Not been that prolific with Rovers but has shown in the past he knows where the net is. Not sure🤔🤔

Antony Moxey

So Wrexham has a population of 45,000 and they want a 55,000 stadium. Yes of course that's appropriate
There‘s a town in the US that sells out its 100,000 capacity college football stadium every week. The town has a population of 15,000.

sign of the chimes

If we don't get Woods, is Joe Morrell stretching it for us?
I'm hoping we'll keep hold of Morrell - we had a club option which we've not activated. I'm assuming we're looking to keep hold for longer than a year on slightly altered terms (compared to those at Championship level in the option). He was excellent for us prior to getting injured this season, was really making a difference. Geographically viable for you if he doesn't re-sign here as he hails from Bristol so not the North-West.

Raggett is going to be an incredible acquisition for a L1 side next term; not only an absolute lion of a player he has also massively improved as a footballer during his five years with us and, this season, has managed to adapt to a possession-based game far more than most of us would have imagined possible; and has kept improving despite falling down the pecking order only to regain his place due to injuries elsewhere. That he finished one percent off winning player of the season, behind a league winning captain who was born in Pompey and also had an excellent season, says it all.

I'm also a little surprised Rafferty has been released. Consistent 7 or 8 out of 10 performer and was part of the leadership group - only 30 so has a few years left as is fit as a fiddle.