• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League One - 2023/24

sign of the chimes

A good point for Cheltenham at Wigan last night, I remain fairly convinced that they will survive. Big win for Shrewsbury at Reading this afternoon as well. It looks like Nathan Jones is starting to get a bit of a tune out of the talent Charlton have at their disposal too - they took a deserved point from their match with us this afternoon and played well, backing up their 3-3 at Bolton last week. They've got a tough trip to Derby on Tuesday but the fixtures then become a bit kinder. I can't see them ending up in the drop zone.

As such, it's getting very interesting at the bottom. Five teams in positions 15 to 19 all on 38 points, and I reckon one of them will get sucked in to the final relegation place in the stead of Cheltenham.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Charlton wont go down…they have too much to go down come the end.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
You hear that every season somewhere about somebody who does go down.

dontpassback

Unless Darren moore can provide results,port vale could be going down,they weren’t very impressive at our place,but being ECFC we still managed to hand them the win !

sign of the chimes

Very much agree, I think 20th and 21st will survive; hence my focus on the five sides with 38 points - but genuinely no idea which of them will fall apart.

sign of the chimes

Unless Darren moore can provide results,port vale could be going down,they weren’t very impressive at our place,but being ECFC we still managed to hand them the win !
Yes, I was half expecting them to have a bit of a bounce when he took over but zero from three instead. Massive game against Fleetwood for them on Tuesday.

tom_ecfc

If every team below us won their games in hand, this is what the table would look like….

14th Wycombe 44
15th Cambridge 44
16th Burton 44
17th Cheltenham 42
18th Shrewsbury 41
19th Port Vale 40
20th Exeter 40
21st Reading 38
22nd Charlton 37
23rd Fleetwood 30
24th Carlisle 26

sign of the chimes

If every team below us won their games in hand, this is what the table would look like….

14th Wycombe 44
15th Cambridge 44
16th Burton 44
17th Cheltenham 42
18th Shrewsbury 41
19th Port Vale 40
20th Exeter 40
21st Reading 38
22nd Charlton 37
23rd Fleetwood 30
24th Carlisle 26
To be fair, if every team below you won their games in hand I'd expect law enforcement agencies to be investigating ;-)

tom_ecfc

To be fair, if every team below you won their games in hand I'd expect law enforcement agencies to be investigating ;-)
The odds on that would be enough to buy Torquay United….sorry, too soon!

JGrecian23

6/1 for the drop now if anyone is a little pessimistic.