• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bristol Rovers vs Exeter City match day thread

Radio Free Skaro

Was brave of Caldwell to bring Kite on in that wind
That made me laugh more than it should have.

StudentGrecian

Such a good performance, we actually looked like a decent team for the majority of the game, not just in 10/20 minute spells. Having Reece Cole back starting was a major factor to imo, was class today.

MT’s Rovers look awful, but happy with the performance tonight. By no means Gary in, but there’s now a light at the end of the tunnel.

ryancooper327

Somehow, despite months and months of terrible results league to be four points off 11th is... mental

Means we have every chance of surviving if we can string some results together in succession

We've gone from the worst team in the EFL to a patchy side... it's an improvement
That said, a few teams above us have games in hand. Port Vale have 3(!) and have strengthened well. Will be a tight, nervy few months but it’s why we love City, right? As you said, I think we have a chance of surviving.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Churchill-esque
And it's not even the beginning of the end!

Avening Posse

I’m sure you didn’t mean that? 🤣
Well spotted Contra, yes a slight grammatical error there from me !

Exehausted

It will be a real blow if Sonny is out. Not just his goals but the way he rattles the defence. He's starting to find room in the box every game now. Just missed with a header on Saturday and forced a great save from the keeper as well as scoring tonight. Cole found him several times in the first half as he drifted out to the left and then cut in. We really missed him when he went off. I thought Cole was the pick of the bunch in the middle with some great forward passes again. Harris did well also. The defence was immense in the second half as they piled on the pressure. All in all a great night to be a Grecian.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you expected us to win at Rovers tonight then fair play, form and logic out the window
Rovers havbe now lost four on the bounce; we went into the game in better form than them. ;)

JayPob94

Somehow, despite months and months of terrible results league to be four points off 11th is... mental

Means we have every chance of surviving if we can string some results together in succession

We've gone from the worst team in the EFL to a patchy side... it's an improvement
It's absolutely bonkers isn't it. We aren't going down. There are 4 worse teams than us and for all the managers faults, he is so damn passionate and adores the club. I really really want him to be successful. And if we finish top half, it will be.

Teams around us are panicking by sacking managers. Charlton are in free fall. Port Vale and Shrewsbury are terrible. Cheltenham are woeful, but have a fabulous manager. Reading are a mess. Wycombe are useless. The bottom 2 have already gone.

Grecian Max

Not about predicting the result, it's about having the faith to beleive it could happen.
Good evening Mr Sturtz

We're writing to you because you are currently -1,282,994 in debit on faith points

We believe you have overspent over 4 months so after tonight we're closing your account

Thank you for banking with Anything Sticks

JGrecian23

It's absolutely bonkers isn't it. We aren't going down. There are 4 worse teams than us and for all the managers faults, he is so damn passionate and adores the club. I really really want him to be successful. And if we finish top half, it will be.

Teams around us are panicking by sacking managers. Charlton are in free fall. Port Vale and Shrewsbury are terrible. Cheltenham are woeful, but have a fabulous manager. Reading are a mess. Wycombe are useless. The bottom 2 have already gone.
Caldwell should get you in for the team talks. It's like something out of Braveheart!