• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why would the club take Jevani back? Why would Jevani consider it? He was let go - wrongly imo - for non-footballing reasons. The club would look absurd if they now decided, actually, we're not that bothered about off-field conduct.
The Club apparently isn't in the slightest concerned at the shambles we have at present ON THE FIELD, which is surely the number one consideration and ranks way above offfield minutiae?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Club apparently isn't in the slightest concerned at the shambles we have at present ON THE FIELD, which is surely the number one consideration and ranks way above offfield minutiae?
Interesting use of "minutiae". ON THE FIELD he seems to be doing nothing at the moment. James Scott has outscored him 3 to 1. Perhaps related to various minutiae off the field.

Red Monster

7 goals and 5 assists in 12 games suggests he's more than a winger.
Still, Harris has said he's come here to score goals so maybe thats all we need
The trouble is Harris was played in the middle next to Tom Carroll
he should be in the 10 position where he can score.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
The trouble is Harris was played in the middle next to Tom Carroll
he should be in the 10 position where he can score.
Could do with a midfielder really, to play in midfield. Cole and Carroll doesn't really work, even if they could regularly get on the pitch together, which they can't. Kite would be ideal, but he's in an absolute stinker of a form dip. Anything else we've got in our squad is absolutely terrifying.

DawlishBouy

Who's done this? I've got 1 goal in 19 for Derry City through my sources for Ollie O'Neill, then new Orient signing.
They have quoted his stats for the under 21's in PL2.

Antony Moxey

Why would the club take Jevani back? Why would Jevani consider it? He was let go - wrongly imo - for non-footballing reasons. The club would look absurd if they now decided, actually, we're not that bothered about off-field conduct.
He wasn't let go, his contract expired, and, as far as I'm aware from way before his off-field activities came to light, never had any intention of signing another.

kuznetsov

He wasn't let go, his contract expired, and, as far as I'm aware from way before his off-field activities came to light, never had any intention of signing another.
Was he ever offered a new contract? My reading of it was that the club were so against the off-field stuff (hence not allowing him to be selected) that they effectively let him go.

Last edited:

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was he ever offered a new contract? My reading of it was that the club were so against the off-field stuff (hence not allowing him to be selected) that they effectively let him go.
New contract offer was pending a satisfactory end to the court case, which got pushed back and pushed back. Think it was reasonable to do that. Rovers however, offered him one without knowing what the outcome would be. For what it's worth, he wasn't planning to stay before he got in trouble, so the only reason he might've stayed is if the court case had sunk his footballing stock to the extent that lucrative moves were no longer available. I suspect Rovers were prepared to offer more than us, and take a gamble on offering it earlier than us. I don't see a path we could've taken in which he would've stayed and looking at what he's done at Rovers, I'm not sure if it would've been worth it anyway.

Antony Moxey

Who knows. All I was told, and this was before last year’s January window, was that he wasn’t interested in signing and instead was looking for a pay day as he didn’t think he had many - if any - big contract chances left. So he was always leaving regardless of what we may or may not have put on the table.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
New contract offer was pending a satisfactory end to the court case, which got pushed back and pushed back. Think it was reasonable to do that. Rovers however, offered him one without knowing what the outcome would be. For what it's worth, he wasn't planning to stay before he got in trouble, so the only reason he might've stayed is if the court case had sunk his footballing stock to the extent that lucrative moves were no longer available. I suspect Rovers were prepared to offer more than us, and take a gamble on offering it earlier than us. I don't see a path we could've taken in which he would've stayed and looking at what he's done at Rovers, I'm not sure if it would've been worth it anyway.
That's exactly the situation/scenario that I was also told Edwin. In my opinion the club handled it well and were going to make a contract offer pending the end of the court case, but Rovers came in early and Jevani didn't want to wait and jumped at that opportunity.

I said at the time, that as much as I wanted Jevani to stay and thought he was superb for us, I also thought we had probably got the best of him.