• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Cambridge United Official Matchday Thread

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Need: CDM and 2x CFs. I personally would like a RWB as well, Niskanen just isn’t good enough unfortunately.
No no no and no again. He can have 2 forwards out of necessity. He should not be allowed to sign anyone else.

denzel

No no no and no again. He can have 2 forwards out of necessity. He should not be allowed to sign anyone else.
He could sign Lionel Messi and within a month get him playing like Lionel Blair

Ian webber

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Need: CDM and 2x CFs. I personally would like a RWB as well, Niskanen just isn’t good enough unfortunately.
Need: 1x new manager.

ryancooper327

Need: 1x new manager.
Yeah but that won’t happen, more chance of signings (which will be unlikely in itself!)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Disappointed with Sinisalo's kicking today with 3 or 4 wellied straight into touch. Report to Mr Miller first thing Monday morning Vils.

denzel

Just watching Brentford v Forest. A team in red and white stripes pumps a corner into the 6 yard box and it gets headed in. If only.

Episkyros

Was Niskanen playing as a RWB? I thought our formation looked like 4-2-3-1; Purrington, Jules, Diabate, Sweens as back four; Carroll & Harris in the middle; Yannick on the left; Jack in the middle; Ilmari on the Right; Cox up front (oh, er missus).

I was watching on iFollow which makes following formations harder as the camera follows the ball.

denzel

Was Niskanen playing as a RWB? I thought our formation looked like 4-2-3-1; Purrington, Jules, Diabate, Sweens as back four; Carroll & Harris in the middle; Yannick on the left; Jack in the middle; Ilmari on the Right; Cox up front (oh, er missus).

I was watching on iFollow which makes following formations harder as the camera follows the ball.
Jules was left centre back. Purrington was more of a left back/ LWB though they were too close together IMO.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Agree re Niskanen. Said it weeks ago and got laughed at.
Can’t knock his effort or energy 👍

I don’t think wing back suits him…

Perhaps if he was used as a conventional winger he would be better.