• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor - sacked by Rotherham & employed by Bristol Rovers

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I spoke to a few players last Thursday. They were all in good spirits, having a laugh.
No feeling of dissent at all.
Like you, I’m not convinced GC has lost the dressing room.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Alls well then. The players obviously think GC is a mastermind and we'll be back up in the top half very soon.
I don't remember any players saying that. Why would you think that?

Grecian Max

I don’t think he’s lost the dressing room because there’s not really much to lose, no real leaders just kids and yes men. Who’s going to mutiny within that group of lads? None of them.

Arguably part of our problem is we don’t have those mavericks who might come with a bit attitude and sway within the group. Have to say that MT team was the perfect balance of nerds (Jay, Kite, Key) and cool kids (Nombe, Brown,), with some wise heads in there too (Dawson, Sweeney, Amond)

I also don’t think they particularly believe in the football they’re playing - you can see it in the frustrations and the nitpicking of each other when they’re out there which isn’t evident in a confident team doing well.

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was thinking this about Hartridge. Put it this way we had a manager who played 5,6 or 7 academy players, now we have one that plays 1.

I'm sure there's a player in the academy who can do what Dion Rankine or Aitchison does!
Which 5, 6 or 7 academy players do you think should be in the current starting line up?

geoffwp

I don't remember any players saying that. Why would you think that?
Sorry isca. The sheer hopelessness of it all is making me snappy and sarcastic.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I spoke to a few players last Thursday. They were all in good spirits, having a laugh.
No feeling of dissent at all.
there hardly going to slag the manager off at a club event are they when he’s also in attendance.

for the record i have no idea what they think of the manager.

iscalad

Sorry isca. The sheer hopelessness of it all is making me snappy and sarcastic.
I share your frustration about the results.
Making things up about the commitment and attitude of the players and staff, isn't helpful.

iscalad

there hardly going to slag the manager off at a club event are they when he’s also in attendance.

for the record i have no idea what they think of the manager.
GC wasn't there. KN was but didn't sit at my table.

JGrecian23

Which 5, 6 or 7 academy players do you think should be in the current starting line up?
I don't see them in training every day or get the coach reports or get a chance to use my qualified eye to make those choices do I.

Why is what would you do? Who would you choose? Always the default argument on here. Us fans are not paid to make these decisions, it is a forum to discuss ffs.

scottus86

Hartridge and Kite should be starters. Personally I think we signed too many midfielders in the summer when we already had Kite, Taylor and Borges. While Carroll, Cole and Trevitt all have good qualities, I think we only needed to add two of them, if that. We probably blew a lot of budget on Carroll which we could have and should have used in a striker. Cox could then have been getting 15 to 20 minutes towards the end of comfortable games instead of being thrown in the deep end and then sent off to Yeovil. If Harry Lee is really attracting interest from bigger clubs, perhaps we could have given him some good league one experience. Then there's that young Richards who has been in and around the squad for a few games this season.

They couldn't have done any worse than what's been served up.