• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trevor Francis

Nickp

Sad to see that the 1st million pound footballer has denied. Born in Plymouth

Some may not know that his first game after that was at SJP with Forest winning the European Cup a few weeks later.

denzil

Remember his appearance with all the press present at SJP. Was it a Testimonial match/Friendly ???

Radio Free Skaro

Remember his appearance with all the press present at SJP. Was it a Testimonial match/Friendly ???
Yes for Nicky Jennings.

I remember missing that game( always a follower of Forest as first time I went to a Division 1 match was at the City Ground in the 60s) as I had broken my leg playing football the previous Sunday.

Memphis09

Yes for Nicky Jennings.
Yes it was
I was there UTC

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Both.
Yes, as RFS points out it was made a testimonial for Nicky J but was primarily arranged on 19 February 1979 as a "mid-season friendly" for Forest as the sunny south west was the only part of the country still not in the grip of the fierce winter of that year.

Any hopes that City had of a nice, gentle exhibition match was thwarted by the fact that Cloughie sent his team up firing on all cylinders to get some match practice. Result City 0 Forest 5.
19 February 1979Nick Jennings TestimonialExeter City0–5Nottingham ForesthideExeter
Anderson
Birtles
Woodcock
Bowyer
Stadium: St James Park
Attendance: 9,479
Referee: Atkins

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Grexican72

My first ever ECFC match as a bauy aged 7 sat on my dad's shoulders. Remember the floodlights, the noise and the shiny yellow and blue adidas kit Forest played in, the big lad Robertson jinking down the left wing and my 7 year old brain trying to understand why Forest were playing my local team...ahh, jumpers for goalposts..

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sad to see that the 1st million pound footballer has denied. Born in Plymouth

Some may not know that his first game after that was at SJP with Forest winning the European Cup a few weeks later.
I've still got the programme. Never went to the match though.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes for Nicky Jennings.
Yes his first appearance as a £1M footballer was at SJP He did not feature in the game was not wearing a football kit and sat next to Cloughie on the bench dressed in his daytime clothes.