• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

ryancooper327

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for the retained list after the Morecambe game.
Retained: None!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Retained: None!
Of a team that has finished mid table. Don't be silly.

ryancooper327

Of a team that has finished mid table. Don't be silly.
I’d like them to be retained! But have a feeling a fair few will end up elsewhere, the player has to accept…

tom_ecfc

Ahh the good old retained list. God I’ve missed the off season!

Average Joe

Would absolutely love to be able to afford Macca from Notts County, will be interesting if one of the bigger clubs from league one take a punt on him.

45 goals this year in non league.

sign of the chimes

Ahh the good old retained list. God I’ve missed the off season!
I think the off-season is always intriguing - particularly following seasons when a new manager has been appointed and/or there are large numbers out-of-contract; which is true of both our clubs this summer. It's a massive summer for Caldwell.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would absolutely love to be able to afford Macca from Notts County, will be interesting if one of the bigger clubs from league one take a punt on him.

45 goals this year in non league.
Notts County's average attendance (over 8,300) is higher than many in L1 including us. I suspect they will be able to afford to keep him if they go up.

But it would be a travesty if they don't go up through the playoffs after gaining 107 points - they are 36 points better that Bromley in 7th. Time for 3 or 4 up and down L2 / Nat League, but of course turkeys don't vote for Xmas.

Grecian Max

Regarding the retained list…. There aren’t going to be many not on there I think?

We will likely try and move some on (perhaps Sweeney, Nombe for cash etc) but in terms of releasing anyone I can only think of Sparkes and Grounds who would be out of contract and we’d not try and retain?

Blackman, Key, Collins etc will obviously move on, we’ll “offer” contracts to the latter for compo. But quite an unusual year where we only want rid of a couple.

manc grecian

How long will be waiting for any tribunal decisions. Not really fair on us to be hanging around 3 months for the Key and Collins money.

Colesman Ballz

How long will be waiting for any tribunal decisions. Not really fair on us to be hanging around 3 months for the Key and Collins money.
Totally agree. The "powers that be" should really get their "fingers out" ! Perhaps one solution would be for players not to be allowed to register and/or play for their new team until after compensation figures have been decided AND paid. That would concentrate thinking about the problem !