• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours etc

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Excuse my ignorance but is Caprice contracted for next season?
If he isn’t I’d be looking elsewhere TBH. Time to move on for both parties IMO.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Am I the only one that actively rates Caprice?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, I think he's alright. I wouldn't want him starting every week but he's a decent back up.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
He is openly derided in my part of the BB whenever he plays it has to be said. As a senior pro I just think his wages might be better spent on a first choice player and his role of as back up taken by a youngster perhaps.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
He is openly derided in my part of the BB whenever he plays it has to be said. As a senior pro I just think his wages might be better spent on a first choice player and his role of as back up taken by a youngster perhaps.
I remember people slagging him off when I was in the BB I think on Boxing Day, so maybe we were fairly close by to each other.

Personally I think he's worth his weight in gold (depending on the wages he's on, anyway) - it speaks volumes that he is often preferred to Sparkes on the left despite his left foot being for standing on.

Bat Fastard

no, i do. i thought he was one of the stand out players in the run of games after caldwell took over. can sometimes be frustrating, but i think he's more than a 'squad player at best', especially when james scott is in said squad

Grecianpasty

Jordan Moore-Taylors contract is up this summer. I have no doubt he would be interested in coming back down here. Whether the club see it that way remains to be seen. He would be a perfect replacement for Grounds.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Jordan Moore-Taylors contract is up this summer. I have no doubt he would be interested in coming back down here. Whether the club see it that way remains to be seen. He would be a perfect replacement for Grounds.
I know he had an injury, but since recovering he can't get any game time in a side that has conceded 84 goals this season - while I'd welcome him back should he sign as someone who did so well for us previously, I'm not sure he's the way forward even as an emergency back-up.

Now, if we're going down the veteran former City defender returning for one last hurrah route, maybe we should look to a certain Birmingham defender?

scottus86

He'd have to be a squad player though, he gets injured too often and his natural level is probably league 2. Like you say though, he could do Grounds role.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jordan Moore Taylor is not the kind of player imho we need to be looking at for next season. Love him, he did a great job whilst with us, but ultimately we need to be looking at maintaining or improving the key positions and JMT doesn't fit that criteria for me.

He should get a decent league 2 side though.