• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City v Argyle - Matchday Thread

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
losing Nombe after today won’t make me lose any sleep. Trust GC to bring in decent improvements
I Made a point on another thread (At the point of writing it), only 5 players whom have scored 12 or more reside outside the top 7 clubs.

We have 2 of them. Nombe and Brown. Suggesting we won't miss Nombe is like suggesting Argyle aren't missing Cooper. It is insanity.

Bat Fastard

I thought Nombe had a cracking first half. Caused their left back no end of hassle. Second half he faded because he'd run his socks off - he should have been replaced for the last 20 mins.
agree, bullied their centre half who was a big unit himself

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I Made a point on another thread (At the point of writing it), only 5 players whom have scored 12 or more reside outside the top 7 clubs.

We have 2 of them. Nombe and Brown. Suggesting we won't miss Nombe is like suggesting Argyle aren't missing Cooper. It is insanity.
And totally delusional to expect GC to bring in an improvement. He'd be doing well to find someone to replace half of Nombe's goals.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
And totally delusional to expect GC to bring in an improvement. He'd be doing well to find someone to replace half of Nombe's goals.
Whilst making the point on the other thread, I was saying how difficult this summer will for us within that post replacing Stanno, Nombe, Brown, Collins, Key etc.

We will have to take a punt on someone in the summer. Fingers crossed we will find some good firepower, going unnoticed elsewhere in the footballing pyramid.

Last edited:

Red Monster

Whilst making the point on the other thread, I was saying how difficult this summer will for us within that post replacing Stanno, Nombe, Brown, Collins, Key etc.

We will have to take a punt on someone in the summer. Fingers crossed we will find some good firepower, going unnoticed elsewhere in the footballing pyramid.
Not sure Brown is definitely going if is was the case why is
he still around the club training it seems Every day.
Why hasn’t he just been send home on gardening leave ?
Maybe be he thinks he owes the club something as we seem
to have stood by him , and he’s the one who has let
the team down big time .

Reactions: Egg

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure Brown is definitely going if is was the case why is
he still around the club training it seems Every day.
Why hasn’t he just been send home on gardening leave ?
Maybe be he thinks he owes the club something as we seem
to have stood by him , and he’s the one who has let
the team down big time .
We shall wait and see. From a purely footballing perspective retaining Brown would be a huge assist for next season.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Who says we have to replace them, with the exception of Stanno?

Antony Moxey

My son's under 8 game had a lot more quality about it to boot.
It didn’t, don’t talk nonsense.

Antony Moxey

I concur. But am struggling to reconcile this with GC’s assertion that he knew exactly how important this game was to the supporters. That being the case, I’d have picked the XI most likely to win today, and worried about my plans for next season afterwards.
Perhaps he did. Perhaps your reconciliation struggles make you wrong and not the manager. I guess that’s why he’s got the job?

Antony Moxey

Why? Taylor found Nombe, why can’t Caldwell do likewise?