• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontpassback

We go to Ipswich at the end of April and win to give Argyle automatic promotion πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜­
The tractor boys will be above argyle by then,πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Which keeper had the worse nightmare? Posh's keeper or Lincoln's?
I know its league two, but Bradford's.

tom_ecfc

I never understand why the ground staff can’t spray all the white off with green spray? Surely there must be some rules around wrong white lines on a football pitch.

Feel sorry for the lad. Those lines are too obvious. Referees seem happy to call off games when there's a small icy patch on a pitch, but happy to play when the markings are unclear and confusing. I hope the keeper didn't get a yellow for deliberate handball.

Avening Posse

Barnsley 0 exeter city 2 ,Barnsley 3 argyle 0 πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€and the roar of the tractor boys engines is getting ever louder,argyle are massive,massive bottlers
I really hope you are right, but I can’t see them bottling it this time. Their run in doesn’t involve the top teams, but Ipswich, Barnsley etc have to play other top teams so they will inevitably take points away from each other to Argyle’s advantage. Nothing to stop us giving them a good spanking though

denzel

I really hope you are right, but I can’t see them bottling it this time. Their run in doesn’t involve the top teams, but Ipswich, Barnsley etc have to play other top teams so they will inevitably take points away from each other to Argyle’s advantage. Nothing to stop us giving them a good spanking though
Yeah, unfortunately their run in is a doddle (except us, of course). Still there's a hope that their opponents will be desperate to get something and might force them into mistakes with their dodgy keeper.

sign of the chimes

Wednesday hold on with 10 men and Cam another clean sheet.

I know it’s right at the end of the season and things maybe settled by then but Argyle will not be relishing coming to SJP
Your man* Cam Dawson made a cracking reflex save from Colby Bishop early in the second half to keep Wednesday in front. His distribution was a bit ropey at times, but other than that he did all the traditional goalkeeper things fairly well in the face of some pretty physical pressure.

* I know he was only on loan

Colesman Ballz

Turning the Cornish over resulting in ending their automatic promotion hopes would be a dream ending to the season for us as well as the associated bragging rights of course ! :)

Rosencrantz

I had a moment like that playing for Whipton Barton school at Bradley Rowe way back in the depths of the 80's. The lines were cut in the pitch, as was quite usual then, rather than whitewashed. The weather was dreadful leading up to the game and the pitch ankle deep in mud (us players assured the two stand in teachers taking us that day that it was perfectly playable). I thought the ball had crossed the line for a throw in when it was actually the edge of the opposing penalty area. The Bradley Rowe ref apologetically blew for hand ball. I looked for and could just see the faint touchline around ten yards away with a sinking heart. The goalkeeper helpfully chortled "that's happened a few times this year hasn't it Sir". I scored the clinching goal (rare goal for me) past a quieter goalkeeper in the second half to clinch a very muddy 2-0 win. It was my Mum's turn to wash the kit. Happy days πŸ™‚.

Anyway, back to L2, er L1 πŸ˜‰

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Turning the Cornish over resulting in ending their automatic promotion hopes would be a dream ending to the season for us as well as the associated bragging rights of course ! :)
What a p1ss up at FECRACE after !

Status
Not open for further replies.