• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Barnsley having problems with their old ground. Good job its too big for them!

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lose our next three games and people will be going into panic mode "If we can't beat Lincoln, etc what hope do we have against the likes of plymouth and Ipswich?" and it'll be all doom and gloom again. I'd rather go into april with a run of good results behind us and well clear of the bottom four. So yes, they are pretty important.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lose our next three games and people will be going into panic mode "If we can't beat Lincoln, etc what hope do we have against the likes of plymouth and Ipswich?" and it'll be all doom and gloom again. I'd rather go into april with a run of good results behind us and well clear of the bottom four. So yes, they are pretty important.
I'm not sure who said they weren't important?

Andy_H

Barnsley having problems with their old ground. Good job its too big for them!
They might have had 'problems' with their stand, but certainly had no problems on the pitch judging by the final scoreline.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure who said they weren't important?
Read the post above yours on the last page.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Read the post above yours on the last page.
Apologies, I missed that.

From what I can see we have 6 games we can really call 'winnable' - Lincoln (H), Cheltenham (A), Accrington (H), Fleetwood (A), Peterborough (A) *debatable* and Morecambe (H). The other 6 we obviously go in as underdogs but I think we will pick up a win or two.

We're on 43 points currently and I honestly think 47 will be enough this year, if we can win 2 of our next 3 we can really enjoy the end of the season with the pressure off.

Colesman Ballz

Let's not worry about how many points we need to avoid the drop, it is more important that we finish the season on a high to provide a decent springboard for next year.. If we do that the points will look after themselves. Setting a minimum target carries the danger of your performance dropping off once you have reached it and consequential loss of forward momentum.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let's not worry about how many points we need to avoid the drop, it is more important that we finish the season on a high to provide a decent springboard for next year.. If we do that the points will look after themselves. Setting a minimum target carries the danger of your performance dropping off once you have reached it and consequential loss of forward momentum.
It's all about the process!

Alistair20000

Same ref as the Devon Derby we had.
Indeed. Charles Breakspear: one of the better refs in the nether regions of EFL IMO

Stanno ought to have got a yellow in the Devon Derby but Mr Breakspear preferred to have a word in his shell like no doubt understanding how pumped up Jay was.

Last edited:

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed. Charles Breakspear: one of the better refs in the nether regions of EFL IMO

Stanno ought to have got a yellow in the Devon Derby but Mr Breakspear preferred to have a word in his shell like no doubt understanding how pumped up Jay was.
Ref probably heard disgusting chanting by Loangyle thugs about his dad like Jay did.
Hope Jay comes back to bite them scoring winner in front of Big Bank in April - Justice for Jay !
UTC

Status
Not open for further replies.