• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joe White in on loan

Andy_H

In reply to MJP_Exeter;

If it's OK with you, i think that i'd rather trust the judgment of Eddie Howe and his coaching team, who have seen White play many times, and also in training, than your 20 minutes of partial observations in 4 games where he hasn't played a full 90 minutes.

Last edited:

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
To come to such a damning conclusion after just four appearances suggests there is something else influencing your judgement. The fact that he has been recruited by one Gary Caldwell perhaps?
Not really.. as said there's definitely a footballer in there and a decent one at that but based on his appearances so far he's nothing more than a squad player for us this season and looks very lightweight. That's not a damning indictment, just literally calling it as I have seen it. Caldwell has done well in the window on the face of it, but White isn't ahead of Brown, kite, Collins or Harper here and now is he. Next season he'll be in league 2 or a smaller league one side at best.

The earlier point made about the transfer from pl2 to efl is tough is very true. White imho is a squad player this season for us and not good enough for Newcastle

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
In reply to MJP_Exeter;

If it's OK with you, i think that i'd rather trust the judgment of Eddie Howe and his coaching team, who have seen White play many times, and also in training, than your 20 minutes of partial observations in 4 games where he hasn't played a full 90 minutes.
And he is not in the Newcastle team or likely to be in it this season or next. Eddie's Howe's judgement is to send him to us on loan to gain experience of mens football. He is not ahead of the players mentioned at this moment.

My comments weren't meant as being overly harsh. He is not good enough for Newcastle here and now. Next season is unlikely to be ready. For us he is a squad player at best and not ahead of players in his position as stated elsewhere.'

Looking back at my post I have missed the point of here and now and next season.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
For Newcastle he isn't good enough. For us he isn't ready based on what I've seen of him, but there Is definitely a footballer in there don't get me wrong and next season he maybe useful to a lower end league one side or higher end league 2 side but can't see him being higher than that and unfortunately because of the situation with JB we're gonna be forced to play him more than intended
Did you see the same in Elliot Anderson last season when he played for Rovers against us last season?

Bat Fastard

Did you see the same in Elliot Anderson last season when he played for Rovers against us last season?
in fairness you could tell with anderson that he was well above the level he was playing at, which so far you can't with white ( other than a few nice touches aside during the forest green game). anderson's struggling to get much game time this season for them as well, reckon he could be loaned out again especially if they add to their squad in summer

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bat has sort of answered it for me, but do you think Joe White will be anything above league one next season? or a Newcastle first team player

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Funny how he was treated as the second coming of Messi a few pages back and now he's not good enough 🙄. Not just on this thread but on other threads too. How things change.

grecIAN Harris

Bat has sort of answered it for me, but do you think Joe White will be anything above league one next season? or a Newcastle first team player
Who knows? If you didn't know that Stanno had played Premier League at the start of the season, watching him now with us, do you think he will? White has potential. To fulfil it he needs to fill out to be successful. At the moment he is a kid with ability playing in a mans game and he is getting found out. Put that ability in a mans body and who knows.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who knows? If you didn't know that Stanno had played Premier League at the start of the season, watching him now with us, do you think he will? White has potential. To fulfil it he needs to fill out to be successful. At the moment he is a kid with ability playing in a mans game and he is getting found out. Put that ability in a mans body and who knows.
Stanno was never going to remain there this season, had a chance because of injuries etc. Was always going to be loaned out, but in fairness to Stanno he effects games, where as Joe White has not yet.

White is not stand out above what we have here and now. I agree there is a decent footballer in there, but here and now he is not ahead of other players we have. Next season he won't be in the Newcastle first team and unlikely to be plying his trade (ON loan) above league one next season

grecIAN Harris

Stanno was never going to remain there this season, had a chance because of injuries etc. Was always going to be loaned out, but in fairness to Stanno he effects games, where as Joe White has not yet.

White is not stand out above what we have here and now. I agree there is a decent footballer in there, but here and now he is not ahead of other players we have. Next season he won't be in the Newcastle first team and unlikely to be plying his trade (ON loan) above league one next season
Are you sure about that? When Stanno arrived he had an impact on games but recently.......... he's a player so desperately in need of goal it's untrue.