• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
...which we won't need to go to the trouble of applying for, but other people will, through no fault of their own. This is discrimination, pure and simple
No it isn’t. Apply for your free VAC. Simples.

When I rock up to spoil my ballot paper next time and wave my passport at the polling officers it will because I went to the trouble of applying for it and paying a fee

Colesman Ballz

When I rock up to spoil my ballot paper next time and wave my passport at the polling officers it will because I went to the trouble of applying for it and paying a fee
Is it a blue or a red one ? Just asking like ? :cool:

Alistair20000

Is it a blue or a red one ? Just asking like ? :cool:
Blue.

Here to help.

Alistair20000

I think we may be at cross purposes.

Trickle down usually means money earned or given to people at the top of the food chain eventually (in part at least) makes its way down the down the stack.

Those that argue that trickle down doesn't work will say those at the top squirrel all their money away offshore (after paying no tax whatsoever) and then refuse to spend it. As always, that's quite short sighted. Most, if not all, high earners I know pay a lot in tax, don't do offshore, and spend a lot of what they take home. The tax paid by the top earners makes up the lion's share of the total take and stuff the rich buy benefits someone down the line, be it the car salesman, the florist or the restaurant waiter.
The idea that lots of folk dabble in the dark arts of offshore tax avoidance/evasion is yet more nonsense. It is a very small minority and HMRC does catch some of them. The penalties for those caught are severe.

Of course it serves the interests of dozy politicians to argue there is money galore to be collected to pay for their ambitious spending plans thus avoiding telling us the Great Unwashed that we will have to foot the bill.

The dozy members of the public lap this crap up of course.

arthur

Would you like to comment on post #47728?

Alistair20000

Would you like to comment on post #47728?
art. I am sending you my support pack “Understanding the theory of holes. How to stop digging”

The over 60 Oyster card is issued on the evidence of a valid passport so the holder had to do something to get it.

What is so difficult about applying for a VAC ?

I have read that most young people have acceptable voter ID in any case so the shouty types need to calm down a bit.

DB9

In her Spectator interview Liz truss has ruled out standing to run for PM again, That's good then Liz :rolleyes: :)

Colesman Ballz

In her Spectator interview Liz truss has ruled out standing to run for PM again, That's good then Liz :rolleyes: :)
Cue that Ian Hunter song 🎵 !

arthur

What larks

Mr Jinx

What larks
A token gesture. He hasn't returned to the channel after having 2 heart attacks late last year and it was unlikely that he would. Doesn't stop the Graun lapping it up, of course.