• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Aye, James Scott, on paper, has a real crappy goal return.
Only 22. We gave Matt Jay a decade to get good šŸ™ƒ

Grecian Max

Some Scott goals. Looks like he can compete in the air but also a bit of a footballer too. The Smith replacement.

I like the option tbh of having a player like this, hopefully to use with Nombe sometimes rather than a replacement

Grecian Max

I take a less pragmatic view about it, keep hold of the lads and have a crack at the playoffs, itā€™s certainly more likely than relegation - who knows when weā€™re gonna be in this position again - was 10 years since the last time. This is probably why Iā€™m not in charge of a football club however. I also think weā€™d be very fortunate to get a few hundred grand for a 28 year old with 6 months of his contract left. Iā€™d roll the dice, a hundred grand is nothing compared to the Watkins/ampadu/Randell fees and heā€™s been more influential than any of thoseā€¦
Player power though - if JB gets a great contract offer then we can hardly stop him. Contractually yes butā€¦ we are what we are.

Bat Fastard

Player power though - if JB gets a great contract offer then we can hardly stop him. Contractually yes butā€¦ we are what we are.
Yeah if he pushes for the move we shouldnā€™t get in his way I agree, Iā€™d be annoyed if we were punting him about for a couple of hundred grand though - compared to transfers in recent times thatā€™s f*** all for his calibre. Maybe January is when panicked clubs offer stupid contracts out of desperation, in which case fair play he should take it as itā€™s probably his last shot at a big one

grecIAN Harris

I'm sure I saw Charlie McNeil from United mentioned earlier.......... Gone to Newport.

Mr Jinx

I put ā€œfrom early impressionsā€ (ā€œseemsā€ also being a key word here) - eg the small amount of time Iā€™ve seen of both White and Mitchell play

As always a quote out of context is meaningless
Ok, but very, very early days with that. White, yes, has had some quality moments, but I've yet to see any evidence of consistency and end product so far. And as for Mitchell, don't know anyone can surmise anything on the limited game time.

So my jury is out and probably will be for some time re Caldwell's ability around finding a player.

Benjis

Attachments

TotnesGrecian

Some news from a fairly consistent source on twitter

2 possible incomings today
Nombe to Bristol City a possibility but yet to agree a fee
Key is 50/50 to go
Bids for Key, Brown and Nombe all rejected so far. No bids of Collins yet. Brown and Nombe in training

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I find it really hard to take this source seriously. Razor is the profile photo...

TotnesGrecian

Ah beat me to it, that account is usually quite reliable