• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Flybe Struggling (as ever)

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
The article quotes the airline as employing 2,000 and having flown 8,000 passengers a year. Presumably this is a classic piece of DevonLive misreporting/poor fact checking. Or else it's no wonder Flybe went bust.
Here to inform

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Blimey that’s a surprise. I’d be amazed if this happens.
I think your scepticism is well-founded. According to this article on the BBC website, Flybe owns no planes, had its operating licence revoked and, essentially, all the new buyer will be purchasing is its name / brand and web address.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think owning their own planes is much of an issue at present. There's a glut of aircraft and pilots out there looking for work.

eurogrecian

New owner is a money-juggler who sweats indebted companies for revenue.
I can't see them sponsoring us again anytime soon.

Alistair20000

This would be some good news .................if it happens

Oldsmobile-88

DB9

After less than a year trading again.......

Pete Martin (CTID)

Sad news imo, when you think how that company stood by our club and supported us during our dark days.

DB9

Sad news imo, when you think how that company stood by our club and supported us during our dark days.
Indeed, They were a dam good sponsor for us back then. I always worry when, As in the BBC report the words "Hedge Fund" are mentioned.

Antony Moxey

The thing I think of most whenever Flybe are mentioned is how the Chiefs callously shat on all those Flybe workers by immediately cancelling their free match tickets when it was announced they’d gone bust. What a particularly spiteful thing to do, and just enforces why I hope we never have anything to do with that utter bunch of self serving narcissists ever.