• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Would rather send Chauke back!
Hmm, an exciting youngster whom we get for free, or someone who is potentially costing us 3k a week or so, and the manager doesn't rate him as good enough to play ? :unsure:

grecIAN Harris

Nice graphic, but you should definitely change the background colour!!!
Grass is green and 'they're all on the grass'.

I think Gary Caldwell has done ok,aimson looks a good addition,and we will have to wait and see about the lad from hibs,but he has used his contacts and made some additions

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The icing on the cake for me now would be a striker with a bit of nous, someone who scores those 'simple' goals.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
The icing on the cake for me now would be a striker with a bit of nous, someone who scores those 'simple' goals.
Yeah, I'd kill for a Sam Nombe.

Bridgy 81

So, a new (very temporary) keeper, a left sided wide defender/midfielder with a good pedigree on a permanent deal, an experienced and solid sounding central defender on a long-term permanent deal and an exciting young midfielder on a 6 month loan.
Even with the departures of MJ and Tim that's a very decent window in my book with interesting and positive additions through almost the whole spine of the team.
Just a bit more firepower up front and no more departures and we'll look very well set.
Well done to everyone involved.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, I'd kill for a Sam Nombe.
No, Nombe does a lot of everything. I mean a fox-in-the-box. Someone who can be chucked on with 20 minutes to go when we need a goal, gets one half-chance and sticks it away.

fred binneys head

Is Jamie Cureton still playing?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, Nombe does a lot of everything. I mean a fox-in-the-box. Someone who can be chucked on with 20 minutes to go when we need a goal, gets one half-chance and sticks it away.
Give me some examples.

If we kept a one goal per chance striker on the bench until the last 20 mins, Exeweb would go into meltdown :)

fred binneys head

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer.