• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Senior Reds

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
A FINAL REMINDER
Bring a guest, all welcome. It is planed to have the Museum open.
Next meeting of the Senior Reds will take place in the Trust Suite on the afternoon of Tuesday 17th January, when our guest speaker will be the ever-popular John Delve. John will be sharing some of his memories and giving his thoughts on the modern game. Doors open at 1pm for refreshments and the session itself will start at 2pm.

Oldsmobile-88

Just arrived. A good turn out. Met Bridgy 81 😁
9787355A-AEF3-4E75-8265-21C34A3A0F65.jpeg

Bridgy 81

View attachment 10780
And you got me in this photo too. Well the back of my head anyway.
Second row from the front (if anyone wants to know what it looks like so they can avoid me in the future) and trying to look interested in whatever tall story iscalad was telling me at the time 😉
Nice to meet you Oldsmobile too.
As I told you I thought we’d met previously at Bath City a few seasons ago when we played there in a pre-season friendly. But as you told me today that wasn’t you I’ve now got absolutely no idea who it was!
Also very nice to be approached by and meet otterton reds.
I’m beginning to put a few faces to Exeweb names now.
I even introduced myself to Spoonz Red E in the Club Shop before the meeting.
John Delve was great.
As I think I mentioned elsewhere he was City’s Captain when I first started coming down in 1981, so have fond memories of him and his contemporaries.
If andrew p long reads this I did ask John about his piledriver goal against Bradford that you remember, but John didn’t!
I said that must have been because he must have scored so many of them.
We looked up the match report from that game on Grecian Archive there and then to jog his memory and to confirm that it did actually happen.
John said he did remember a similar goal he scored at SJP against Bolton (Sam Allardyce and all) in the League Cup though.
I’ve tried to look that one up since I got home and reckon it may have been our 2:1 win against them in October 1978?
Anyway, a good day all round and I even factored in crushing some cans before I left home and left a black bag full of them at the stadium for Cans4City’s efforts.
Anyone else reading this who thinks Senior Reds events sound interesting and enjoyable, they are.
Why not join up, all the details you need are on the Club’s website, it’ll be one of the best fivers you’ll ever spend.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Im the one in the front bringing the average age down :)

Bridgy 81

What, with the blue parka? as I know the two people directly in front of me.
By all means come over and say hello to me next time - unless of course you don’t want to.

Andy_H

And you got me in this photo too. Well the back of my head anyway.
Second row from the front (if anyone wants to know what it looks like so they can avoid me in the future) and trying to look interested in whatever tall story iscalad was telling me at the time 😉
Nice to meet you Oldsmobile too.
As I told you I thought we’d met previously at Bath City a few seasons ago when we played there in a pre-season friendly. But as you told me today that wasn’t you I’ve now got absolutely no idea who it was!
Also very nice to be approached by and meet otterton reds.
I’m beginning to put a few faces to Exeweb names now.
I even introduced myself to Spoonz Red E in the Club Shop before the meeting.
John Delve was great.
As I think I mentioned elsewhere he was City’s Captain when I first started coming down in 1981, so have fond memories of him and his contemporaries.
If andrew p long reads this I did ask John about his piledriver goal against Bradford that you remember, but John didn’t!
I said that must have been because he must have scored so many of them.
We looked up the match report from that game on Grecian Archive there and then to jog his memory and to confirm that it did actually happen.
John said he did remember a similar goal he scored at SJP against Bolton (Sam Allardyce and all) in the League Cup though.
I’ve tried to look that one up since I got home and reckon it may have been our 2:1 win against them in October 1978?
Anyway, a good day all round and I even factored in crushing some cans before I left home and left a black bag full of them at the stadium for Cans4City’s efforts.
Anyone else reading this who thinks Senior Reds events sound interesting and enjoyable, they are.
Why not join up, all the details you need are on the Club’s website, it’ll be one of the best fivers you’ll ever spend.
Gratefully received, Thank-You.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
What, with the blue parka? as I know the two people directly in front of me.
By all means come over and say hello to me next time - unless of course you don’t want to.
Other side with my specs on me head :)
I had to shoot off but will do next time Bridgy

Oldsmobile-88

😁 I did see you at the front, meant to say hi, but had to shoot off at the end of the session.

Oldsmobile-88

It was, League Cup 3rd Round. Bolton were in Division One at that time. They had a good line up.
Willie Morgan, Frank Worthington, Alan Gowling, Neil Whatmore, Peter Reid, Sam Allardyce,Roy Greaves.
Kellow scored the other goal, Gowling for Bolton.
It was one of the memorable Cup nights at SJP.
Att 9,151.
The Grecians had a decent record in the League Cup in those days, rarely went out in the first round.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
View attachment 10780
Judging from the back of heads good to see that Exewebers are so active - short beds or rough headboards ?
UTC