• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 1 News 22-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

sign of the chimes

I think from a City fans point of view, what we saw on Boxing Day was a very direct style of play with a side with a fair few, big and physical players. I was actually quite surprised as I thought at Lincoln, when they did get promoted to L1, they changed the style and adapted to a more footballing side. They seemed to continue with that similar footballing style at Huddersfield and yourselves when I have seen you play, either against us in the EFL Trophy or on TV.

He does come across well on TV and in the media in general although his behaviour on the touchline, with his brother, does obviously rankle with opposition benches and crowds alike. My thought leaving the game on Boxing Day was, if that has become the style of play (direct), added in with the results you have been having with the quality of players you have (should be much higher), the supporters might turn. I would think maybe that he thought being direct against us, and our defence, might have been the way to go.
That's very interesting to hear. The completely unnecessary touchline shenanigans were still to be seen when we played you but have they cut out the rest of the gamesmanship that their Lincoln side were so notorious for?
Yes, that's absolutely fair. My comment about 'some of the most attractive football' over the past eighteen months related to a few spells during their tenure when they were able to play a settled side made up of our better players. The last few months have been painful to be honest and we've stunk the place out in the main, which I think has accelerated their demise.

Weirdly, I think his touchline style was an initial appeal for a large section of our supporter-base who had struggled with almost four years with the almost entirely inanimate Kenny Jackett in the dugout. However, I think many of us were more impressed with his obvious relentless work ethic at the club - coupled with a willingness to go above and beyond in his interactions with supporters and within the community. He had a real humanity about him and was a real 'people person'. Over the past 18 months there were lots of instances of him turning up to run sessions for local kids teams - or him spending time talking to young fans at the ground and then remembering the their names and what they'd been talking about in a completely unrel ated environment a few months later on. Ultimately he hasn't done enough with the team to keep his job but even some of those I know who were among the most vociferous that he should go in recent weeks are lamenting his departure and that it hasn't worked out - which I think says a lot about the individual.

It wil be interesting to see who's next.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
It wil be interesting to see who's next.
Matt Taylor may be available soon ................

Oof Whittaker recalled by Swansea. Big hole for Argyle to fill.
Excellent news 😀😀😀

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Excellent news 😀😀😀
An Argyle friend of mine has said he will burn Swansea to the ground if they do not send him back.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
An Argyle friend of mine has said he will burn Swansea to the ground if they do not send him back.
I didn't know that the Cornish had learnt how to make fire yet ? :p

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
This was a shock to me as much as him i think

On an unrelated note a friend of mine is in the burns unit

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
They are less backward than you think Mr Ballz. Here is a pic of a youngster in North Prospect showing how it is done.

1672779897047.jpeg

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
They are less backward than you think Mr Ballz. Here is a pic of a youngster in North Prospect showing how it is done.

View attachment 10654
As a Grecian living too close to Upper Swilly how did you get my photo ?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oof Whittaker recalled by Swansea. Big hole for Argyle to fill.
Another bottle job on the horizon

Another bottle job on the horizon
Bring it on 😅😅😅😅😅

Status
Not open for further replies.