• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pond transfer fee, Smith returning to Orient, Harper likely to return to Ipswich...
Yes, all of the above plus increased gate receipts above what was budgeted for, and the compensation for MT leaving should easily be enough to secure 2 or 3 players.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, all of the above plus increased gate receipts above what was budgeted for, and the compensation for MT leaving should easily be enough to secure 2 or 3 players.
Only if they want to come here.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Of course but it still doesn't hide the fact that we have gained extra money from varying sources to be able to give Mr C the opportunity to get whatever he sees fit.

Bridgy 81

Lots of loanee kids from higher league clubs who had neither the stomach or the ability for the relegation fight. I don’t think anyone can remember them, either that or we’ve collectively shut down that area of our minds for fear of regression.
I cannot describe in words how poor a manager he was of our club!
Your unpleasant comments about our Manager not withstanding, I like your wonky spire.
It’d be nice to have you back in the league and maybe at some stage in the same division as us as I enjoy trips to and stays in Derbyshire.
Nice part of the country and plenty of National Trust and English Heritage places to visit.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Attracting the players GC wants will be one of his main strengths. Whether those players turn out to be any good or not remains to be seen.

Spireitein peace

Your unpleasant comments about our Manager not withstanding, I like your wonky spire.
It’d be nice to have you back in the league and maybe at some stage in the same division as us as I enjoy trips to and stays in Derbyshire.
Nice part of the country and plenty of National Trust and English Heritage places to visit.
Unpleasant? I’m just trying to portray the complete disaster that he was here, and please don’t think we were in free fall when he arrived because we weren't’. We went into free fall when he arrived and he was given a budget the previous manager, a very competent Danny Wilson, was never afforded. His signings were a disaster as was his complete tenure here. Likewise I think it was a similar story at Partick Thistle, and after a few short weeks at your helm the signs seem to be there as well.
Thanks for your thoughts about our club and town, what will be will be, I just fear for your league 1 standing with GC in charge.

Bridgy 81

Unpleasant? I’m just trying to portray the complete disaster that he was here, and please don’t think we were in free fall when he arrived because we weren't’. We went into free fall when he arrived and he was given a budget the previous manager, a very competent Danny Wilson, was never afforded. His signings were a disaster as was his complete tenure here. Likewise I think it was a similar story at Partick Thistle, and after a few short weeks at your helm the signs seem to be there as well.
Thanks for your thoughts about our club and town, what will be will be, I just fear for your league 1 standing with GC in charge.
Whoops, I didn’t realize you were being quite so critical about Gary Caldwell’s time in charge of your team.
Obviously we’re hoping for a better outcome than you say you had.
Either way, good luck this season, and I still like my trips to your neck of the woods.

Spireitein peace

Whoops, I didn’t realize you were being quite so critical about Gary Caldwell’s time in charge of your team.
Obviously we’re hoping for a better outcome than you say you had.
Either way, good luck this season, and I still like my trips to your neck of the woods.
Football is always reflective and needs to be taken in context of each persons opinion, but in all my time following Chesterfield, I’ve been a home regular since the mid 70s and an away regular since the early 80s, GC is, imho, without a doubt, given the league we were in and the budget he had when he took over, and the state we were in when he left, the worst manager in my supporting history, and there’s been a few candidates for that.
Anyhow all the best, and I hope your still in L1 when his time with you ends.

Bridgy 81

Football is always reflective and needs to be taken in context of each persons opinion, but in all my time following Chesterfield, I’ve been a home regular since the mid 70s and an away regular since the early 80s, GC is, imho, without a doubt, given the league we were in and the budget he had when he took over, and the state we were in when he left, the worst manager in my supporting history, and there’s been a few candidates for that.
Anyhow all the best, and I hope your still in L1 when his time with you ends.
That sounds a bit worrying, but as I always do, I live in hope.
All the best.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Be afraid mate, be very afraid.
I get GC wasn't favourably liked at Chesterfield but can you leave us to make our own judgements. Different club, different time, different circumstances

Last edited: