• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
With what funds? MT was told he had no budget and was very public about it. We have coaches to bring in all the way through to u18 level.

I can't help but think we are in a dire state behind the closed doors, and I can't see there being much of a budget for one player let alone two league one proven CB's
Why are we in "a dire state". Surely we are just working to a budget? I know this is unusual in football, but it is not necessarily an indication that we are "in a dire state".

Boyo

Why are we in "a dire state". Surely we are just working to a budget? I know this is unusual in football, but it is not necessarily an indication that we are "in a dire state".
Indeed. We also received compo from Rotherham and would have saved a few quid from losing our coaching teams wages and only bringing in one person (to date). I suspect our attendances are higher than anticipated as well so matchday income should be up. We've had a couple of TV appearances and we receive £40k for winning the first round of the cup. We won't have a knee-jerk response to additional income, but I agree it shouldn't be dire at all.

Average Joe

I just mean we don't have a GK coach, our first team coach has also left the club and we don't have an under 18's coach.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I just mean we don't have a GK coach, our first team coach has also left the club and we don't have an under 18's coach.
Fair enough, though I don't think the financial position is that bad when you consider the following:

1) We have received compensation for the loss of Matt Taylor. This is unbudgeted money.
2) One of our loan players has returned to his parent club. This will free up P1 playing budget wages for spend in January.
3) Our gates are higher than was expected

I am sure this will give us some wriggle room to strengthen in January. If players depart - which I expect some to, then there will be even more wriggle room.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
We do have a GK coach at the moment, it may of course change should he also move to Rotherham, but that remains to be seen. We may then need to replace him if it were to happen. That would free up his wages and presumably also result in compensation being paid.

Average Joe

Fair enough, though I don't think the financial position is that bad when you consider the following:

1) We have received compensation for the loss of Matt Taylor. This is unbudgeted money.
2) One of our loan players has returned to his parent club. This will free up P1 playing budget wages for spend in January.
3) Our gates are higher than was expected

I am sure this will give us some wriggle room to strengthen in January. If players depart - which I expect some to, then there will be even more wriggle room.
Have we received compensation yet? These things aren't instant so I'm guessing it will be contributed into next year's budget same as this year's improved gate numbers.

I do hope we can muster up some funds but at the same time I also would love an investor to come in, just think the time is right

Colesman Ballz

Have we received compensation yet? These things aren't instant so I'm guessing it will be contributed into next year's budget same as this year's improved gate numbers.

I do hope we can muster up some funds but at the same time I also would love an investor to come in, just think the time is right
Are you using Hardy gear AJ ? :p

Banksy

Are you using Hardy gear AJ ? :p
Might land a few flounders.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
With what funds? MT was told he had no budget and was very public about it. We have coaches to bring in all the way through to u18 level.

I can't help but think we are in a dire state behind the closed doors, and I can't see there being much of a budget for one player let alone two league one proven CB's
compensation from Taylor and Carlisle going to Rotherham. Increased attendances. Additional TV / cup run money (£161,000) before gate receipts of the Vale game.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Took the words out of my mouth. I think we're far from in a dire state, running in the black and managing finances well. We've spent our playing budget, nothing dire about that.