• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2022/23 Second Round Draw

Friendly vs Arsenal on 2nd December 1964 at home.

Full programme here - https://grecianarchive.exeter.ac.uk/items/show/2348View attachment 9574
That is a fascinating view and long predates my city watching.
What was the area behind the Cowshed used for? The one adjacent to half way. Was it just car park?

Also, is it just the perspective, or is the centre circle more oval shaped than round? #donttellchas

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nah. Keep it going. love FBH #StillFuming me

Colesman Ballz

We were drawn away to Arsenal in 1978. Denied by a very late Wolves equaliser, and then losing the replay.

We still haven't played Arsenal. (But then a Fairy Godmother said "don't worry, one day you will play league fixtures at Highbury". Which is true but cruel).
Alas the Fairy Godmother's prediction will never come true about Highbury for the first team at least, now that it is a housing estate ! Although if iirc we did play an FA Youth Cup fixture there in the 1960's (back in the days of Peter Rutley and John Wingate ?). :unsure:

tom_ecfc

Although if iirc we did play an FA Youth Cup fixture there in the 1960's (back in the days of Peter Rutley and John Wingate ?). :unsure:
You are correct @Colesman Ballz. Here is the match report - https://grecianarchive.exeter.ac.uk/items/show/12210

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alas the Fairy Godmother's prediction will never come true about Highbury for the first team at least, now that it is a housing estate ! Although if iirc we did play an FA Youth Cup fixture there in the 1960's (back in the days of Peter Rutley and John Wingate ?). :unsure:
Unfortunately I fear you may be in for a whoosh as we have played two league games at Highbury and will be playing there again later this season, just not the one in North London.
1667909344155.png

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didnt we play a 3rd Rd Youth Cup game v Arenal sometime around 20 years ago?

Colesman Ballz

Didnt we play a 3rd Rd Youth Cup game v Arenal sometime around 20 years ago?
I have never heard of the Grecians ever playing a game in Costa Rica ! 😎

iscalad

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have never heard of the Grecians ever playing a game in Costa Rica ! 😎
Did you not go on the infamous Costa Rica tour then :)

iscalad

Did you not go on the infamous Costa Rica tour then :)
I would have gone, but I don't like Costa coffee