• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
That was some immaculate coverage today on all channels.
I watched the BBC until 1245 & returned later after having to run errand to Taunton to tune into ITV.
It looked flawless on both sides.

Reactions: DB9

Oldsmobile-88

19th September 1983. ITV Thames Region.

The film, Wages Of Fear is the film originally released as Sorcerer(1977) it is a remake of the 1953 classic French film directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot(1906-77) who was at one time banned from directing post war due to his work on film production in Vichy France.

The 1953 film Wages Of Fear(Le Salaire de la Peur)
is a absolute classic.

I was mystified when I saw that Roy Schneider(1932-2008) of French Connection(1971) & Jaws (1975) fame was listed under the title then I twigged that it was not the original when I noticed the director...All very confusing 😎

59A9DA57-6C58-46E3-9966-B7A2920717A7.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

19th September 1983 Channel 4

The Prisoner getting a airing again.Originally broadcasted on ITV(not networked) in 1967/68.
Production by ITC.

Just the one series(17 episodes)
A friend of mine would go to The Prisoner Appreciation Society get togethers in the early 1990 with like minded souls in the village where it was filmed, Portmeirion on the Cambrian Welsh coast near Porthmadog.

I could never get into it tbh.

10B360CD-3A70-4117-91D6-A45DA3A10B45.jpeg

Last edited:

Alistair20000

The Prisoner was the series that had the most disappointing final episode EVER.

Seeing that cast list reminds me what a fine number of actors filled the revolving Number 2 role

iscalad

Seeing that cast list reminds me what a fine number of actors filled the revolving Number 2 role
I think ITV got cold feet and pulled it early. I have the box set. Too groundbreaking for the TV companies.
Always thought Leo Mckern was the best Number 2.

Oldsmobile-88

Just looking at the cast list, the great Paul Eddington(1927-95) is there. I did not know he was in the series.

Alistair20000

I think ITV got cold feet and pulled it early. I have the box set. Too groundbreaking for the TV companies.
Always thought Leo Mckern was the best Number 2.
Rumpole was indeed an excellent Number 2 and appeared in three episodes.

Alistair20000

Just looking at the cast list, the great Paul Eddington(1927-95) is there. I did not know he was in the series.
I had similarly not recalled him appearing in the series.

sign of the chimes

re.Eddington: Yes, (Prime) Minister is up there with M*A*S*H as one of the two best comedies of all time.

Love seeing these old listings @Oldsmobile-88, thanks for sharing them.

Mr Jinx

Such a good show that Iron Maiden wrote a song about it, a classic one too - with Patrick MacGoohan doing the intro.