• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Player Budget

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have to give a wry smile when people talk about selling off shares in the company, as if we owned all the shares, and still believing that the Trust would maintain control.

As I recall we may own the club but only a majority of shares, and not all of it I believe there is a significant minority shareholder element, so any sale of shares would be from the Trust's portion, threatening our ownership claim, and quite frankly who is going to invest a considerable amount in a company with such a wide ownership base. (Here to be proved wrong as I also seem to recall that the Trust were looking to buyout the minority, but I don't know how far that has gone)

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Doesn't look as if we will be bringing in any cover for that middle centre back tole,so we might as well play with the most attacking strategy we have got.Shouldnt be difficult with all the forwards we have now.Always said that if we are going to lose,would rather end a match 4-5 than 0-1.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have to give a wry smile when people talk about selling off shares in the company, as if we owned all the shares, and still believing that the Trust would maintain control.

As I recall we may own the club but only a majority of shares, and not all of it I believe there is a significant minority shareholder element, so any sale of shares would be from the Trust's portion, threatening our ownership claim, and quite frankly who is going to invest a considerable amount in a company with such a wide ownership base. (Here to be proved wrong as I also seem to recall that the Trust were looking to buyout the minority, but I don't know how far that has gone)
The Trust Board allocated £20,000 for the purchase of shares years ago. At the time I believe Dave Treharne had secured agreements with shareholders to buy most of them. However at the next Board meeting a mini financial crisis had arisen and the money was diverted to that purpose. Surely a similar sum is not a big undertaking for the Trust these days?

Reactions: Ash

Cowshed Grecian

At the end of the day , if we want to stay up then we need to invest , if we want to keep Taylor we need to back him , trust or no trust , give him the pond money and be done with it , we need to show some ambition because any more injuries and we won’t be competitive in this league and the fans will turn ,
👍👍👍 absolutely

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Trust Board allocated £20,000 for the purchase of shares years ago. At the time I believe Dave Treharne had secured agreements with shareholders to buy most of them. However at the next Board meeting a mini financial crisis had arisen and the money was diverted to that purpose. Surely a similar sum is not a big undertaking for the Trust these days?
Do you or Dr Dave know what percentage is owned by the minority shareholders?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you or Dr Dave know what percentage is owned by the minority shareholders?
It's been a while since I was on the Trust Board so I don't know the current position. The Club held a number of shares in the suspense account which it could hand to the Trust to increase the Trust holding. I'm not even sure if this has been done.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's been a while since I was on the Trust Board so I don't know the current position. The Club held a number of shares in the suspense account which it could hand to the Trust to increase the Trust holding. I'm not even sure if this has been done.
Thanks for responding

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
The club IS backing the manager for heavens sake. The club IS also looking after the long term future of the club by developing other areas as well which I totally understand and support.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Doesn't look as if we will be bringing in any cover for that middle centre back tole,so we might as well play with the most attacking strategy we have got.Shouldnt be difficult with all the forwards we have now.Always said that if we are going to lose,would rather end a match 4-5 than 0-1.
Have you seen my formation on the matchday thread? 😁 (y)

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have you seen my formation on the matchday thread? 😁 (y)
Too many defenders for me,but Sweeney needs to play,he's the best one for captain.😉