• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Port Vale Match day Thread

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wish they would not give out The premiership scores as I would like to watch Match of the Day without knowing them
You are Terry Collier and I claim my £5! (edit -oops beaten to it by DB9)

But I'm with you; though nigh on impossible to avoid scores nowadays.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

manc grecian

First half hour was very similar to the last day of last season. Very tight and scrappy, but once Harry Goal of the season Kite scored there was only winner. Brown and Nombe are excellent together and with a bit more depth we should be ok. Blackman looks decent enough and Diabate was excellent.

Be nice if people washed properly in these temperatures

iscalad

Jamal's kicking is good. Kegs was neat and tidy in his cameo. Good all round performance.
As a negative beer is £4 a pint......

Attachments

Last edited:

BigBankAl

Be nice if people washed properly in these temperatures
:D Agreed

iscalad

You are Terry Collier and I claim my £5! (edit -oops beaten to it by DB9)

But I'm with you; though nigh on impossible to avoid scores nowadays.
I'm with you as well.

BigBankAl

Smashing today. Had a bad feeling this morning! Looking really fit. Pray we can keep Sam and JB fit and together. Kite and Collins great, and for a first game not a bad start for Blackman. UTC

burtiew

Now really looking forward to my first view of this season's City at Cambridge next Saturday!

grecIAN Harris

Blackman is an absolute unit - also, I think we will score from some his kicks which go a long way...

What a performance. Kegs looks like a good player too, busy and very quick feet. Like the look of both those newbies.

Sparkes was excellent today and was MOTM probably, with Jevani close second who is fast turning into one of my favourite ever City players. Class.
Sparkes MoM??? Really?? Harry Kite all day long. Scored a cracking goal, started the move that lead to Brown's second and generally bossed his way around midfield until he was rested. I would have put Brown, Nombe, Diabate and Hartridge up for the nod before Sparkes. That's not to say Sparkes had a poor game, far from it.

Last edited:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Smashing today. Had a bad feeling this morning! Looking really fit. Pray we can keep Sam and JB fit and together. Kite and Collins great, and for a first game not a bad start for Blackman. UTC
I think I'm right in saying that Archie and Harry have been playing together since they were under-9's.

iscalad

Sparkes MoM??? Really?? Harry Kite all day long. Scored a cracking goal, started the move that lead to Brown's second and generally bossed his way around midfield until he was rested. I would have put Brown, Nombe, Diabate and Hartridge up for the nod before Sparkes. That's not to say Sparkes had a poor game, far from it.
I thought Kite got the vote.