• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln City v Exeter City Match day thread!!

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
Poor stewarding mostly to blame, then.
Don't think they wanted to get involved. Bit pointless having yellow no standing lines painted if you are able to ignore them.

DJG.ECFC

Is that Callum Rowe in the crowd at 6:13?
Looks like it ye. Shame he hasn’t found a club yet

gbjpc

What I find frustrating is that you get to the ground nice and early and take up a good seat then at 5 to 3 a bunch of people come in and try to pile into an area that’s far too small for them which pretty much forces those already sitting there to move. I get that we could have been a little wiser in our choice but if you want to take up the back 5/6 rows then get there on time. Not a massive issue as we moved but it’s a little selfish.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hope you're not too sore. I can never understand why seats can't be sat in.
Let’s get this right. You can’t understand why people want to stand in a section which only has seats? You can’t comprehend the reasons why?

You see that large thing behind the goal at SJP? Where thousands choose to stand. Do you think people do it because they can’t afford seats or something? The reality is, for a lot of people - atmosphere is important and a large part of the day. You can’t properly get behind a side sitting down. You just can’t. You can meekly clap and stamp your feet but it’s not the same as standing up an belting out chants.

These people aren’t aliens, they are the ones that make SJP different, they are the ones that players appreciate the noise from away from home. Sitters can passively enjoy the game, I totally understand that - I’ve done it myself before when I’ve not felt like that standing. It’s a different type of support - no better no worse. But to say you can’t understand when there is no separate section in away ends and the law doesn’t stop standing just seems like bloody mindedness. Bit like the lady in question from earlier in the thread.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I noticed there was a lot of standing at Wembley yesterday o_O

iscalad

Let’s get this right. You can’t understand why people want to stand in a section which only has seats? You can’t comprehend the reasons why?

You see that large thing behind the goal at SJP? Where thousands choose to stand. Do you think people do it because they can’t afford seats or something? The reality is, for a lot of people - atmosphere is important and a large part of the day. You can’t properly get behind a side sitting down. You just can’t. You can meekly clap and stamp your feet but it’s not the same as standing up an belting out chants.

These people aren’t aliens, they are the ones that make SJP different, they are the ones that players appreciate the noise from away from home. Sitters can passively enjoy the game, I totally understand that - I’ve done it myself before when I’ve not felt like that standing. It’s a different type of support - no better no worse. But to say you can’t understand when there is no separate section in away ends and the law doesn’t stop standing just seems like bloody mindedness. Bit like the lady in question from earlier in the thread.
Completely missing the point. I used to stand in the Cowshed, then on the bank. And I, and all who sit around me, think the atmosphere from the bank is awesome. Thankfully SJP isn't an all seater stadium.

Grecian Max

Completely missing the point. I used to stand in the Cowshed, then on the bank. And I, and all who sit around me, think the atmosphere from the bank is awesome. Thankfully SJP isn't an all seater stadium.
“I can never understand why seats can't be sat in”

Explain it then.

Number13

Speaking of the stewards, near the end, one seemed to charge down the front of the stand absolutely enraged with his fellow stewards about something - he was carrying a coke bottle. Anyone any idea what he was so mad about? Had the bottle hit him?

iscalad

“I can never understand why seats can't be sat in”

Explain it then.
Well obviously I can't. I don't understand why you need it explained.

Grecian Max

Well obviously I can't. I don't understand why you need it explained.
You said I missed your point - I can't see your point. If I'm missing it, then please explain it to me. My post was to try and figure out what you can't understand people not wanting to sit in a seat in an away end doesn't offer the choice of a specific standing area.