• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln City v Exeter City Match day thread!!

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Love Jevani me.

He walks in the boardroom cool and slow,
Who calls the City chairman Daddio?
Jevani Brown, he's not a clown
jevani Brown, he wears the crown
He's gonna score goals, just you wait and see
"Why's everybody always feeding off me"?

Last edited:

tonykellowfan

I quite often go to away games with my dad (78) and my son (7), so I have to be quite careful where we are located. I have never at any time seen a problem between sitters and standers as if you have to sit (as I do) there is always plenty of room. People are being way too precious about this. Last year at Stevenage we had to move seats as we realised we had sat too near the middle. I love the noise and atmosphere created by our away support.

Smithyno6

If we were to sit then we’d end up being as loud as Forest Green. The standing creates a louder atmosphere as people are quite literally ‘up out there seat’ from the kick off. We’re known as decent fans home and away and long may that continue with our loud support away if that means standing up. I’ve noticed from away games the closer you are to the front that sitting wouldn’t be a problem.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thoroughly enjoyable day out. Lincoln a nice welcoming place and well done to Di and Julie from the East Devon Grecians in getting three coaches to the game. This was a good tester given I think Lincoln will also occupy the same mid table area as us come the end of the season and a draw was for sure about right. The players didnt seem overawed with the step up and if Jevani the magician continues to show his mesmeric talents he will be impossible to keep next season so lets enjoy him whilst we can. Equally Sam Nombe looked a top class act holding the ball well, occupying their defence and a constant threat. At the back for me Alex Hartridge was the pick I cant remember him putting a foot wrong and again is growing into a top level left footed defender. Of the wing backs I felt Key was always more threatening going forward and his link with Sweens is excellent. Someone though has to spend some considerable time with Key on his criossing as there were numerous times he put himself into great positions but his final pass or cross was woeful. Unless that side of his game improves significantly I cant see him securing that move to a top club the rest of his game deserves. I was surprised that the Manager started with Sparkes rather than Caprice who I felt had been our best player in pre-season. I was equally surprised that Sparkes stayed on for a full 90 as most of the threat from their side was the number 23 down his side of the pitch. Sparkes didnt have a bad game by any stretch but I thought the opace of Caprice would have dealt with the danger better. Sweeney was mainly solid but his passing was by his standards poor and sloppy on occasions. Scott Brown did enough but of course as the smallest of our GK's was the least likely to have stopped the header that went sailing over him. Onto Cheik who for vast parts of the game was outstanding but for one lapse of concentration when he was the wrong side of the player and the net result was a goal. However, that one mistake for a player with such little experience shouldn't over shadow such a mature performance. However, one thing worries me in relation to how we play when Chiek is in the team. The way we have played to date is to start play by giving the ball to Archie and then we start moving through the lines. Archie yesterday never saw the ball as Chiek almost always launches the ball negating our midfield. Josh Coley I would persist with as he clearly has something about him and was unlucky not to get tht elusive goal yesterday. MJ and Kitey did OK when coming on but as the Manager himself alluded to we have not a lot of depth.

The link below is an objective overview from Lincoln fans themselves

Solid Stalemate Gives Cause For Hope: Imps 1-1 Exeter City | The Stacey West - Part 2
www.staceywest.net/2022/07/30/solid-stalemate-gives-cause-for-hope-imps-1-1-exeter-city/2/
Thanks for the summary 👍

Trapdoor

Sitting is splitting. Nothing I hate more that a sh!tting sitter.

F**k the Judean people's sitting front.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks like we will be getting SJP360 style videos for the away games this season:
A good video, hopefully we'll see more like that from our away trips.

I didn't notice the siren at the ground, irritating isn't it?L

REDMIKE

Everyone's wish yesterday could have been accommodated.

No need to offer anyone out.

Out of interest what was your last away game?
Hants you are incorrect several of us were sat in the front row and you had Razor and and fat bloke with his belly hanging over his trousers and no shirt on standing up against fence blocking people view.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hants you are incorrect several of us were sat in the front row and you had Razor and and fat bloke with his belly hanging over his trousers and no shirt on standing up against fence blocking people view.
That was clearly wrong. I thought the stewards moved them on?

REDMIKE

That was clearly wrong. I thought the stewards moved them on?
The stewards did nothing and at the end shook their hand.

BigBankAl

Is that Callum Rowe in the crowd at 6:13?