• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Regarding the Alfie Pond 'siituation' there may be some truth in my post on this thread(1555 on 18/7) concerning how our club is viewed by players, their agents and other clubs. Hence the report of derisory offers from the Old Firm clubs and Alfie turning down an excellent loan deal.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Regarding the Alfie Pond 'siituation' there may be some truth in my post on this thread(1555 on 18/7) concerning how our club is viewed by players, their agents and other clubs. Hence the report of derisory offers from the Old Firm clubs and Alfie turning down an excellent loan deal.
Really!!

I just think that times have changed and what was once good in division four isn't in division three nowadays and that players are just demanding more - they have to pay their agents after all :mad:

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Beginning to think this Bass signing may be a false alarm

andrew p long

Beginning to think this Bass signing may be a false alarm
Posters have said it was agreed at the weekend and will be announced tomorrow. (I've no confirmation/info myself)

Red Devon

Posters have said it was agreed at the weekend and will be announced tomorrow. (I've no confirmation/info myself)
Probably double the craziness and announce two signings at once

Average Joe

We spent a record amount last year to buy a team capable of gaining automatic promotion to league one, we achieved that and kudos to all involved, but was there ever a plan put in place for league one? Was this it? Ride it out with the team that got us promoted? I'm happy our current squad if our current squad is remaining the same, however MT hasn't even mentioned transfers...

denzil

Another supposed target (Marc Leonard, Brighton) just signed on loan to Northampton...........

IndoMike

I don't quite get your point.
Are you saying we are viewed as cheapskates? We did get around 6m for Ollie Watkins, you know - possibly a record transfer for a 4th tier transfer
Or what are you saying? Can you explain?

Trampus

We spent a record amount last year to buy a team capable of gaining automatic promotion to league one, we achieved that and kudos to all involved, but was there ever a plan put in place for league one? Was this it? Ride it out with the team that got us promoted? I'm happy our current squad if our current squad is remaining the same, however MT hasn't even mentioned transfers...
No, I don’t think anyone at the club planned for league one in the sense that we needed better equipped players in key positions and that we would need to pay the going rate to bring that about. We’ve been here before and we’ll rattle around the bottom of league one for a season or two before returning diminished to league 2. After many years I can almost accept the reality of this but I just wish the club could and would provide evidence that they’ve made a stab at making things better. The secret squirrel non communication process is really tiresome.

Colesman Ballz

No, I don’t think anyone at the club planned for league one in the sense that we needed better equipped players in key positions and that we would need to pay the going rate to bring that about. We’ve been here before and we’ll rattle around the bottom of league one for a season or two before returning diminished to league 2. After many years I can almost accept the reality of this but I just wish the club could and would provide evidence that they’ve made a stab at making things better. The secret squirrel non communication process is really tiresome.
Male bovine manure ! There is nothing more tiresome than enduring the carpings of a disgruntled former employee ! Go get a life FFS.