• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
What on earth is going on with Covid at the moment? hospitalisations, appear to be going through the roof.
New variant or two, I've not seen admissions going through the roof, Out Patients, Doctors appointments etc are still happening, This is now "We live with it" phase so unless a real nasty variant comes along we go about things as normal as you like, Want to wear face mask? Do what you think is right, Want to isolate, If you're feeling really groggy, Then stay home, Again do what is right for you and your loved ones but don't expect free tests, lockdowns etc, Not going to happen unless things get really bad again.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
New variant or two, I've not seen admissions going through the roof, Out Patients, Doctors appointments etc are still happening, This is now "We live with it" phase so unless a real nasty variant comes along we go about things as normal as you like, Want to wear face mask? Do what you think is right, Want to isolate, If you're feeling really groggy, Then stay home, Again do what is right for you and your loved ones but don't expect free tests, lockdowns etc, Not going to happen unless things get really bad again.
Our Government has turned off the data switch and convinced broadcasters that other topics are of higher importance. Omni 4 & 5 taking off across the world with everyone believing "Its all over" - as Dr JC says
it appears that the over 80's and those with co-morbidities are cannon fodder. Boris saving on future pensions ?

DB9

Our Government has turned off the data switch and convinced broadcasters that other topics are of higher importance. Omni 4 & 5 taking off across the world with everyone believing "Its all over" - as Dr JC says
it appears that the over 80's and those with co-morbidities are cannon fodder. Boris saving on future pensions ?
Probably right about saving on future pensions and also the Social Care budget too, TBH there are more important things for us to worry about, The new buzzwords will be "Personal Responsibility"

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably right about saving on future pensions and also the Social Care budget too, TBH there are more important things for us to worry about, The new buzzwords will be "Personal Responsibility"
Personal Responsibility = Euthanise over 80s and those with co-morbidities !

DB9

Personal Responsibility = Euthanise over 80s and those with co-morbidities !
Sounds like Logan's Run except they only got to 30!

Oldsmobile-88

Still tested positive this morning after a first positive test last Saturday...I don’t think I’ve ever slept so much recently. I had really blood shot eyes on the Friday before the test, Never knew that was a symptom.

Avening Posse

Still tested positive this morning after a first positive test last Saturday...I don’t think I’ve ever slept so much recently. I had really blood shot eyes on the Friday before the test, Never knew that was a symptom.
In Oz the Government advice is to not bother testing a week after getting it as you will invariably still test positive for a few weeks after, they just say you can go about your business again if you feel better

iscalad

In Oz the Government advice is to not bother testing a week after getting it as you will invariably still test positive for a few weeks after, they just say you can go about your business again if you feel better
Seems sensible. I tested positive for about 5 days after I felt well.

Mr Jinx

There's definitely a new surge going on around our way.

Don't know of anyone affected really badly, with the vast majority it's fairly transient. Wonder when we can just get on with our lives and call it a cough/cold/flu/chest infection and treat it the same? It's never going away.

DB9

There's definitely a new surge going on around our way.

Don't know of anyone affected really badly, with the vast majority it's fairly transient. Wonder when we can just get on with our lives and call it a cough/cold/flu/chest infection and treat it the same? It's never going away.
It's never going to go away fully, We have more knowledge and better treatment now than in 2020 and I guess we'll continue to as well. I'm not adverse to a yearly booster jab like flu if deemed sensible to do.