• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wonder what the current Mrs Johnson will do now. Realise that the game's up and walk? Tell her husband that the game's up, and persuade him to depart while he still retains a few shreds of dignity? Or grit her teeth, keep keeping her head town, and patiently wait for her moment of release?

arthur

Considering the by-elections were on the 5th anniversary of Brexit you'd thought that would have been part of the Tories campaign and what a success its been
This is a very good point. A pity it is not being made more widely

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
So who would you fancy as their leader then Hermann ?
I admit I've dropped off following politics as closely as I did. I very rarely watch anything in parliament these days, so can't make a particularly informed comment on the matter. I hear good things about Lisa Nandy from people I trust, and a Northern woman would be something different for once, so maybe her?

Edit: I do feel Andy Burnham basically has a leader in waiting appearance, so I expect to see him stand as an MP next time round. Whether he'll jump straight in or give it another term remains to be seen (I expect it will be contingent on the next GE result)

arthur

The Lib Dem surge is far worse for the Tories than Labour's. It makes a hung parliament with a significant lib dem presence the most likely outcome. The Lib Dems will have learnt from their mistakes and the electoral system will be reformed to make it more proportional. That will make a majority Conservative government almost impossible.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
while he still retains a few shreds of dignity?
Only a dyed in the wool Tory would suggest any exists, let alone remains. The man is loathsome.

SKS is making John Major of the early nineties look exciting. The fact the greased piglet can make Starmer look electable, along with the very pro EU Lib Dems, should be alarming to all Tories.

Good. They got what they ignored at the outset. I hope they enjoy it.

arthur

Today's highlight will undoubtedly be the moment Nadine Dorries takes to the airwaves. My eager anticipation is unbounded...

Reactions: Egg

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Mid term blues, that's all. We all know Boris is a vote winner, and come the GE, with Brexit at risk if people don't vote Tory, he'll be returned albeit with a slightly reduced majority 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not - but Boris is basically toast.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

The Lib Dem surge is far worse for the Tories than Labour's. It makes a hung parliament with a significant lib dem presence the most likely outcome. The Lib Dems will have learnt from their mistakes and the electoral system will be reformed to make it more proportional. That will make a majority Conservative government almost impossible.
Um been here before and the Lib Dems were well and truly stitched up with the AV referendum.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Um been here before and the Lib Dems were well and truly stitched up with the AV referendum.
Very different world now. Labour should be seriously facing up to the fact that they are unlikely to win an overall majority again.

arthur

What part of "Lib dems will have learned from their mistakes" was unclear?