• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mick Lynch has put a couple of daft interviewers in their place..Richard Madeley(ok, not a serious political interviewer) was made to look daft yesterday..”Richard, you are talking twaddle” Madeley then for some reason started talking about the miners strike pickets.. Lynch “What are you talking about ? Do these pickets(pointing to a group of railmen) look like miners” 😎😁

Kay Burley was similarly put in her place by Lynch after a similar daft line of questions....Wonderful stuff.

Oldsmobile-88

Believe Bob Crow was a Lexiter type like Corbyn, possibly Mick Cash too,
Len Mccluskey certainly was too.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here's the hapless Helen again, revealing how she's worked in schools 'across the consistency [sic]'.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here's the hapless Helen again, revealing how she's worked in schools 'across the consistency [sic]'.

Watch from 12 seconds to 20 seconds and tell me this woman doesn't come across as slightly unhinged. On a par with Mad Nad.

Grecian2K

So she is "good at cartwheels"????!

Surely a place on the front bench beckons before the summer recess- always assuming that, especially after that performance, the electorate of Tivvy and Honiton are deluded enough to offer the vacuous airhead an £80k+ sinecure

IndoMike

To be honest, Egg, I didn't think she was so bad. She did come across a little like a young woman applying for a job as a secretary, but she was authentic, with no airs and graces. Obviously not the intellectual type, but she's been Head of a few schools and runs her own business.
I wouldn't vote for her, of course, but I can imagine a lot of the elderly would.

DB9

She looks like a Stepford Wife, That smile is very unnerving.

IndoMike

That's true .

DB9

To me, She sounds insincere and will fit in very nicely if elected with the rest of the 2019 intake, These MP's that came in on that election are the worst Tories, You might not have agreed with previous Tory Governments but even those Tories of the past wouldn't have stooped so low as this lot do and the 2019 intake are really Johnson's foot soldiers.

Spoonz Red E

Watch from 12 seconds to 20 seconds and tell me this woman doesn't come across as slightly unhinged. On a par with Mad Nad.
A bit harsh.
If you watch the interviews with other candidates they're all encouraged to do the 'introduce yourself ' bit to the camera.
She's a beautician now I believe.
Good set of teeth = big smile (media technique lesson 1).

I could be picky in that the question is asked 'What is the role of an MP?"
Answer given.
Then ... "What are your campaigning priorities"
I've just been through them with you.

Maybe I've just seen too many scripted 'dialogues' in politics and am too jaded.

None of the interviews are particularly challenging.