• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anecdotally speaking...60% of the people I know aren't supportive of said strikes. I think it's more like zero percent.
Oxford definition of anecdotal:
An account, not necessarily true or reliable because it is based on personal accounts rather than facts or research

Incidentally, "anecdotally speaking"...99% of the people I know think your Johnson is a lying, amoral rear orifice while his rag-bag of a useless, self-serving (mis)government are a bunch of useless shysters who, in normal times, probably wouldn't get a gig handing out free ales in a brewery.

But there we go, we all have our own carefully chosen selectorate, don't we.

Still, at least, kudos at least to you still braving this thread to continue trying to defend the indefensible...unlike your erstwhile partner in grime who, as soon as the going got tough ermmm!....got going.

IndoMike

An account, not necessarily true or reliable because it is based on personal accounts rather than facts or research

Incidentally, "anecdotally speaking"...99% of the people I know think your Johnson is a lying, amoral rear orifice while his rag-bag of a useless, self-serving (mis)government are a bunch of useless shysters who, in normal times, probably wouldn't get a gig handing out free ales in a brewery.

Still, at least, kudos at least to you still braving this thread to continue trying to defend the indefensible...unlike your erstwhile partner in grime who, as soon as the going got tough ermmm!....got going.
Frankly speaking, an excellent post.
Particularly impressive was the second paragraph.
I'm afraid I was the one who upset Tavers.
I didn't realise that recommending that he change his name to Simon (plus one or two other pieces of advice) was so devastating. But I'm sure he'll be back with more of his highly instructive and perceptive comment soon.

IndoMike

Yes, yes. I know. I was just being facetious.
But the public will turn against the strikes.:
everyone looks after themselves, don't they? And there are millions of number 1.
In the UK people have a very low tolerance level for inconvenience.

Mr Jinx

I'm quite used to left wing echo chambers (which this has pretty much become) having frequented them for many years. So all water off a duck's back to me.

I'm only hanging around for the glee that'll come at the next GE. (This assumes Starmer is still in situ of course)

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

I see that Government plans to raise the state pension by 10% while forcing real-terms pay cuts on public sector workers have been attacked as “ludicrous” by a former Conservative Treasury minister.
Jim O’Neill, the former Goldman Sachs chief economist who served as a minister under George Osborne, said it was “crazy” to protect pensioner incomes while younger people’s wages were being eroded by the highest inflation rates for 40 years.
He's got a point hasn't he?

DB9

I'm quite used to left wing echo chambers (which this has pretty much become) having frequented them for many years. So all water off a duck's back to me.

I'm only hanging around for the glee that'll come at the next GE. (This assumes Starmer is still in situ of course)
Why Glee? As far as I know I haven't read anywhere on here that Starmer will win the next GE.

IndoMike

That doesn't really deal with the issue raised by G2K about anecdotal evidence. Have you been influenced by Boorish's " if I mumble and gargle (in Latin, of course) I might get away with not answering the question intelligibly" style?

Mr Jinx

Why Glee? As far as I know I haven't read anywhere on here that Starmer will win the next GE.
Here you go again...asking me to explain everything. Why do you do that? If you think I just talk rubbish...just put me on ignore.

Nothing would give me more pleasure than to see Labour lose another GE which I think they will if it's Boris V Kier. You know that. And you know full well the reasons behind why. Stop playing dumb for once, purleease.

DB9

Here you go again...asking me to explain everything. Why do you do that? If you think I just talk rubbish...just put me on ignore.

Nothing would give me more pleasure than to see Labour lose another GE which I think they will if it's Boris V Kier. You know that. And you know full well the reasons behind why. Stop playing dumb for once, purleease.
Not playing dumb at all, Just wanted to know why you'd "Glee" on here if they won, It's like there's a whole list of people on here who've said to you that Labour will win which is untrue, I don't know what'll happen in two years time.

Mr Jinx

Inflation hits 9.1% but don't look there, Look over here to be outraged.
But it's ok, the BOE just raised interest rates 0.25%.

lmfao