• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't forget he is very right-footed, yet was played as left back/ wingback with us
But anyway, not sure he'd be good enough for Lg 1
As I said a couple of weeks ago, we had him on loan in League Two three years ago and he's spent the last year on loan at a team a league below. That suggests to me his career has stalled. Maybe he has found his level?

He's not good enough for us in League One.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
It’s been a very very quiet last two or three weeks, with only two and a half weeks to the start of pre season maybe things will begin to wake up a bit this week.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’s been a very very quiet last two or three weeks, with only two and a half weeks to the start of pre season maybe things will begin to wake up a bit this week.
I’m hoping we get some kind of an update from KMT at the very least. As you say, with 2.5 weeks till preseason, I imagine he’ll want two or three through the door by then. I expect next week will see things really pick up across all of the leagues and as players come back from holidays, we should see some serious movement.

Red Devon

I’m hoping we get some kind of an update from KMT at the very least. As you say, with 2.5 weeks till preseason, I imagine he’ll want two or three through the door by then. I expect next week will see things really pick up across all of the leagues and as players come back from holidays, we should see some serious movement.
An update from KMT would be good

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm hoping that Matt Taylor is finally having a proper break and forgetting about football for a while!

Red Devon

I'm hoping that Matt Taylor is finally having a proper break and forgetting about football for a while!
I bet he’s not very far away from his phone;)

Red Monster

Transfer window reopens on Friday would be a good day
to announce our first signing 🥳

IndoMike

An update about nothing. It will be like "Seinfeld"

andrew p long

As I said a couple of weeks ago, we had him on loan in League Two three years ago and he's spent the last year on loan at a team a league below. That suggests to me his career has stalled. Maybe he has found his level?....

andrew p long

As I said a couple of weeks ago, we had him on loan in League Two three years ago and he's spent the last year on loan at a team a league below. That suggests to me his career has stalled. Maybe he has found his level?
That's an understandable surmise re Jayden Richardson if just one factor - the level played at - is looked at. But dig a little deeper and a more positive picture emerges...in 2021-22 in contrast to the two previous seasons he

..last season played some games for Forest first team in both cup and league competitions (the Championship) which he had never done before , including games in September 2021 after the transfer window closed

.. last season made as many starts (24) in five months as he did in two full years out on loan to FGR and City

.. last season throughout his spell his team showed championship winning form - W15 D5 L5 - averaging 2 points per game.

.. and got in to that League's team of the season

Yes, all at a level lower. So why go on loan to non league? At the time he went out on loan (10 December) the EFL loan window was closed, so a loan to Notts County was the highest level he could play at without waiting until the New Year. Overall he has done much better than 'finding his level'.