• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor to Charlton?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I doubt if he was interested in the Charlton job anyway. Their loss is our gain.

Grecian2K

The majority now seem to think it is between Neil Lennon] and Michael Beale, who used to be Gerrard's assistant at Rangers.
Be a lot more fitting if he appointed George McCartney as his No. 2?

StudentGrecian

Charlton are apparently interviewing candidates now with not many articles mentioning Taylor online, except at the very bottom.

The majority now seem to think it is between Neil Lennon and Michael Beale, who used to be Gerrard's assistant at Rangers.

It was the South London Press who initially linked Taylor to the job, because he used to play for them and earnt promotion.

No doubt there will be an announcement next week, but it doesn't seem that it will be Taylor.
Lennon has now been ruled out by the same SLP journo that linked Taylor to the job in first place!

I still have a bad feeling it will be Taylor, but looking at the basket case they seem to be gives me more hope!

dontpassback

Be a lot more fitting if he appointed George McCartney as his No. 2?
Be a long and winding road back to the premier league though

andrew p long

I can't see anything developing for a few weeks yet, MT is probably on holiday now and has no care in the world for football management, and rightly so.

If MT leaves he's left us with a cracking squad
MT was working for Sky last night as a pundit/analyst at the Port Vale-v-Swindon play off semi second leg. MT , like other League Two managers, won't have a booked holiday away until after the play off final date of 28 May.

Bridgy 81

MT was working for Sky last night as a pundit/analyst at the Port Vale-v-Swindon play off semi second leg.
If you’re a retired player or manager or just in between positions I guess it’s a chance to earn some money - which is fair enough.
If you’re already in employment, like Matt, it’s also a chance to earn some ‘extra’ money and again - fair enough. But I presume in these cases it’s also an opportunity to be seen and heard by prospective, future employers.
A bit like a preliminary ‘interview’ for a real one you anticipate having somewhere down the line.

Rosencrantz

If you’re a retired player or manager or just in between positions I guess it’s a chance to earn some money - which is fair enough.
If you’re already in employment, like Matt, it’s also a chance to earn some ‘extra’ money and again - fair enough. But I presume in these cases it’s also an opportunity to be seen and heard by prospective, future employers.
A bit like a preliminary ‘interview’ for a real one you anticipate having somewhere down the line.
It's also a scouting mission paid for by Sky ;)

andrew p long

Absolutely. I thought MT said a lot of sensible and perceptive things. As we know, he gives a good interview/post match analysis so it was good for him to get exposure to this work. Sky often use managers from already promoted clubs for play off punditry - they are inevitably people who know (much more) about the two teams playing. And of course League Two managers/players don't book holiday that clashes with the play offs in case they are in them.

One thing MT will have learnt from his media role in these games is that , when answering questions from the show's anchor you should give the answer to the camera not to the person asking the question.

Bridgy 81

One thing MT will have learnt from his media role in these games is that , when answering questions from the show's anchor you should give the answer to the camera not to the person asking the question.
That’s a bit like me being told many years ago to look at the Judge when answering the Barrister’s questions when I appeared in Court for the first time (for professional reasons!).

Rosencrantz

Actually you need to do both. He is addressing the person who asked the question and to turn away from them to talk right down the camera would appear rude.

Not quite this extreme though ;)