• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor to Charlton?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
i feel the love...but boys, don't fight over me.....

Average Joe

I can't see anything developing for a few weeks yet, MT is probably on holiday now and has no care in the world for football management, and rightly so.

If MT leaves he's left us with a cracking squad

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't see anything developing for a few weeks yet, MT is probably on holiday now and has no care in the world for football management, and rightly so.

If MT leaves he's left us with a cracking squad
I don’t think he’s going to leave, but if he did, I’d really hope that it won’t drag on for weeks. As much as we have the basis of a solid L1 squad, we need strengthening and if we suddenly became managerless in mid June, it’d be a tough for the new manager to get his players in and to be ready for the new season.

Average Joe

it’d be a tough for the new manager to get his players in and to be ready for the new season.
Could you imagine if a new manager comes in and rips the current team apart, I hope Tagg does not let this happen if MT does leave. Best squad we have had in my 15 years of watching City

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could you imagine if a new manager comes in and rips the current team apart, I hope Tagg does not let this happen if MT does leave. Best squad we have had in my 15 years of watching City
I think most new managers like to give players a chance. I also think that we would only appoint someone that fits in with our ethos of developing the youth.

I agree it is a very good squad, but on the flip side, when MT does go we have to trust the new manager to put his own stamp on things.

As I said earlier, I don’t think MT is going anywhere this summer but I can see next summer being different.

Banksy

If Matt has a successful next season then he’ll probably be headhunted. What would constitute a successful season I don’t know exactly but getting into the playoffs would help. If we flirt with the bottom of the table I guess he’ll sneak under the radar and stay with us.
Would have thought that if he was going this term something would have sneaked out on the grapevine by now surely.

iscalad

When is the fixture list out????

DJG.ECFC

June 23rd

Banksy

isca trying desperately to steer the thread off its title subject.😄

Grecian_Matt

Charlton are apparently interviewing candidates now with not many articles mentioning Taylor online, except at the very bottom.

The majority now seem to think it is between Neil Lennon and Michael Beale, who used to be Gerrard's assistant at Rangers.

It was the South London Press who initially linked Taylor to the job, because he used to play for them and earnt promotion.

No doubt there will be an announcement next week, but it doesn't seem that it will be Taylor.