• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Championship 21/22

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Huddersfield looking genuine playoff/promotion contenders in the lunchtime kickoff at Fulham, somehow managed to hang on to a 2:1 lead despite intense pressure from the home side in the second half.

DB9

Derby relegated after Reading's quite stunning 4-4 draw with Swansea, Wonder if they will start life in L1 with more points deductions next season?

sign of the chimes

Derby relegated after Reading's quite stunning 4-4 draw with Swansea, Wonder if they will start life in L1 with more points deductions next season?
From what I've read this evening it sounds as though they might be able to avoid that.

On the basis of what I've read about their administration period, my concern would be about who they are selling to, what links there are with Mel Morris and the ownership of the stadium and other infrastructure. There seems to be this weird trend of owners getting to appoint their own administrators when the **** hits the fan and it ultimately benefitting them at the expense of the club.

DB9

From what I've read this evening it sounds as though they might be able to avoid that.

On the basis of what I've read about their administration period, my concern would be about who they are selling to, what links there are with Mel Morris and the ownership of the stadium and other infrastructure. There seems to be this weird trend of owners getting to appoint their own administrators when the **** hits the fan and it ultimately benefitting them at the expense of the club.
It does seem when owners buy a club the different assets are with different companies etc that if things do go wrong a sale is not that straightforward and very complicated, Think Oxford are an example, The owners don't own the stadium but the former owner does, Hence the "Kassam" stadium and that's just one example.

sign of the chimes

It does seem when owners buy a club the different assets are with different companies etc that if things do go wrong a sale is not that straightforward and very complicated, Think Oxford are an example, The owners don't own the stadium but the former owner does, Hence the "Kassam" stadium and that's just one example.
I believe that in Derby's case that Mel Morris appointed the administrators.

I know from previous with my club that there can be some conflict of interest there - during some of our more *ahem* interesting periods we were being financed by a convicted arms-dealer with things fronted his son. We were then taken over by people he owed money to once his assets were frozen, and eventually passed on to a consortium headed up by a (now) convicted fraudster (around £400m from a Lithuanian bank - can't see what the attraction of an English club with potential to launder money would be...).

The administrators we had seemed very interested in ensuring that the club ended up in hands that suited the previous owners; rather than those who would result in it moving on from the shady past/continuing as a going concern.

In unrelated news, one of 'our' administrators, Andrew Andronikou, is currently involved with Quantuma who are overseeing Derby's admin - and was appointed by Mel Morris.

DB9

Some very good news for Bournemouth's David Brooks.

Red Devon

Bournemouth promoted to the premier League tonight.

DB9

Bournemouth promoted to the premier League tonight.
Tops off a good day for Bournemouth with Brooks good news too. So them and Fulham back in the PL, Forest will be favourites to go up via the play offs but I think Sheff United might sneak it.

dontpassback

Tops off a good day for Bournemouth with Brooks good news too. So them and Fulham back in the PL, Forest will be favourites to go up via the play offs but I think Sheff United might sneak it.
Bournemouth will have to defend a lot better than tonight if they want to stay there,forest should have had a penalty,a decision our old friend att well got wrong,but excellent news about David brooks

Reactions: DB9

Red Devon

Forest must be rueing the poor start to the season they had…I’ve a sneaky suspicion for Huddersfield in the playoffs.