• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Offrande Zanzala

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think he was almost integral in our recent run of good results, very strong and thanks to his hold up play able to get us up the pitch as KMT would say.
Seems to fit the mould nicely of our policy to recruit talented ‘misfits’ low on confidence and bring them on.
Worth a punt IMO.

denzel

Barrow's attitude to him might be why they are 21st and we are 2nd.
I don't think Colchester rated Jevani, or Southend Dieng....

Trapdoor

He's not torn up trees yet, but looks a bit more savvy than Phillips.

If Taylor thinks he's a good signing then I'm inclined to believe him. The man seems to know a thing or two about football unlike me.

geoffwp

He's not torn up trees yet, but looks a bit more savvy than Phillips.

If Taylor thinks he's a good signing then I'm inclined to believe him. The man seems to know a thing or two about football unlike me.
There's a few on exeweb who could do with sharing that philosophy Trappy.

Albumen

Some premature writing off going on. Remember lots of people thought Bowman was a donkey at first but he hasn't done so badly...

I expect his salary is modest and if MT sees potential might keep him as a squad player?
And the rest. McCardle, Grounds… I thought we missed him against Barrow. Would hope we can get better. But he certainly works hard and occupies defenders.

Cowshed Grecian

Interesting view, i don't agree mind you. Zanzala could of joined us from Carlisle in the summer but chose Barrow. He lost his way and Cooper offloaded him to us. No wonder he wants to stay now. You can look it at it from different angles. As for Colchester-they paid money for Javani, they did rate him but he was on big wages. Dieng played about 8 different positions for Southend, they were desperate to keep him but he wanted to remain in league football. He was quite clearly their best player, we have turned him into a goal scoring midfielder which is testament to the City coaching staff.

geoffwp

Interesting view, i don't agree mind you. Zanzala could of joined us from Carlisle in the summer but chose Barrow. He lost his way and Cooper offloaded him to us. No wonder he wants to stay now. You can look it at it from different angles.
I've never been concerned about what a players previous choices have been or reason they made decisions. All that really matters is if they can do a job for us and add to what we have.

jimbo-gould

I’m not sure I’d keep Zanzala with a view of him being first choice, but certainly to come on and change things up a little. I’d certainly rather him to Phillips.

Red Devon

He’s one you have to look a little bit ahead with though in a development sense….in that if he can add even more upper body strength he could be an absolute rock up top.

STURTZ

Different players have different attributes, understand why Matt wanted to get another hold up player once it was clear Nombe was out for a long while and Seymour wasn't going to shape up. To compare him with Phillips is wrong though he may have scored a lucky deflection against Barrow but he picked up the ball in our own half, outran 4 chasing defenders and got a shot away. Not many of our players could have done that.