• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Steve Perryman book

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did Perryman betray us? My memory of Perryman is someone whom helped the club significantly in the most difficult times. gave his time for free (expenses whatever) TO help us become and come to a much better place than we the club he started with.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know his time with us soured in the end but in my experience he was always happy to stop and talk. He also helped get one of my dads footballing heroes, the late great Jimmy greaves down for an evening. My dad also met him, a memory that will stay with him forever. For that, I will have all the time in the world for him.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know his time with us soured in the end but in my experience he was always happy to stop and talk. He also helped get one of my dads footballing heroes, the late great Jimmy greaves down for an evening. My dad also met him, a memory that will stay with him forever. For that, I will have all the time in the world for him.
I always found him very affable at SJP & if I bumped into him at away games.
He always went out of his way to thank people for travelling to support the Grecians.Even politely listening to Maurice when he was pointing out where things were going wrong 😁

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Love the Perryman!

Colesman Ballz

I think he still lives in Exmouth
Didn't he move last year to Wiltshire or somewhere like that (Closer to Tizzer anyway) ? :unsure:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
If we make it would be nice if he could attend SJP to witness what he had a great hand in.
He hasn't had a hand in this team that King Matt Taylor has put together.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
He hasn't had a hand in this team that King Matt Taylor has put together.
He certainly had a hand in the structure eg contracts which has kept our club going in the right direction

Spoonz Red E

I liked Steve a lot.
Straightforward.
Enthusiastic.
A stickler for fair play and a good mentor for Blake and Tisdale.
Also brought some steel and nous to our ability to get fair prices and more for players.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
He certainly had a hand in the structure eg contracts which has kept our club going in the right direction
I always felt we were slightly short changed in terms of players I would have expected Steve to attract to the club. In all his years of involvement I cant think of a single player who joined on loan or on a transfer as a result of Steve P?

Last edited:
I remember him in the old grandstand in the conference years trying to start a chant when we played an FA Trophy game. I'm going to say Chelmsford in a replay.