• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron Dawson {signs on loan for Exeter!}

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought I heard Matt say in his interview that Cam had won the L2 award or did I mishear that?

Scott_Palfrey

I thought I heard Matt say in his interview that Cam had won the L2 award or did I mishear that?
He meant nominated, will hear tomorrow who wins

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Come on Scott we all know you've got the press release done !
UTC

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Come on Scott we all know you've got the press release done !
UTC
Don't be mischievous, Scott probably prizes his cojones so isn't likely to put them at risk by breaking the press embargo ! :cool:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
God, I'd rather have James Hamon back
Each to their own but I'd rather have the player who appeared in the Championship this season rather than the one who is playing in the Southern League Premier.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We've got no where near the amount of keepers you mention.

The 2 first team keepers are Bailey Peacock Farrell on loan from Burnley and Joe Wildsmith who's contract expires at the end of the season and probably wont stay....from both sides.

Of the younger keepers Josh Render has already been told he can look for another club and Luke Jackson looks like he could follow.

Having said all that it's a very interesting situation with Cam. There's still a fair amount of Wednesday fans that won't forgive him for replacing their darling Kieron Westwood and however much his good form for you gets reported you still have those that harp on about every mistake he ever made for us (the penalty save at Bramhall Lane in a 0-0 draw never gets mentioned). He still has 2 years left on his contract at what you would imagine are decent terms.

Next season if we have him back and the manager picks him then they (cam and manager) will get all sorts of grief if he makes a mistake early on in the season - which is not the atmosphere you want - but as mentioned, he'd be daft to take a significant drop in wages to go elsewhere. My fear is that we bring in a new first choice keeper and seeing as Cam is under contract he is on the bench....serves no one any good from a footballing perspective but it wouldnt be the first time this has happened.

The real unknown is what the other 90 clubs in the league are thinking....your manager could get poached by say Birmingham in the summer and then you've got a championship club with a manager who knows and likes him that may have the means to get him.....Premiership clubs with money to burn often make interesting signings as third choices and while you wouldn't think that would be a good footballing move, an offer to replace say 40 year old Lee Grant as Man Uniteds 3rd choice would take some serious thinking about.

All that apart, its great that he's done as well as he has so far this season so lets just enjoy the ride to the end......hopefully all down hill
Obviously I'm not really up to speed with what went on before but from everything we've seen this season if Wednesday are still in League One next season it would be hard to find a better keeper than Cam Dawson. Whether or not he is good enough to be first choice in the Championship, though, is another question.

denzel

He didn't win

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks Scotty

Obviously I'm not really up to speed with what went on before but from everything we've seen this season if Wednesday are still in League One next season it would be hard to find a better keeper than Cam Dawson. Whether or not he is good enough to be first choice in the Championship, though, is another question.
We often get this on our forum ..."he's found his level"...."not good enough for the championship"

I'm interested to hear what people who say this think the differences are between a L2 keeper and a championship one?

iscalad

We often get this on our forum ..."he's found his level"...."not good enough for the championship"

I'm interested to hear what people who say this think the differences are between a L2 keeper and a championship one?
About 6 inches #PeteUSA