• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

St.James’ Road (Away End)

i8cornwall

But our players aren't on the top of the BB, they will be on the pitch and perfectly be able to hear ! They will certainly draw encouragement when we have corners or are attacking the St James Rd end.
I could be here all day arguing the flaws in that post be I've neither the time nor energy to be honest.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I could be here all day arguing the flaws in that post be I've neither the time nor energy to be honest.
The only flaw is that whoever populates the St James Road End isn't likely to be making any noise anyway.

i8cornwall

The only flaw is that whoever populates the St James Road End isn't likely to be making any noise anyway.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Was basically the point I was politely trying to make, not saying it's just the big bank that make noise as I look up enough to see half the flybe and stagecoach clapping along but clearly till we sell out the whole ground (well the three home sides anyway) it's a pointless exercise.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Was basically the point I was politely trying to make, not saying it's just the big bank that make noise as I look up enough to see half the flybe and stagecoach clapping along but clearly till we sell out the whole ground (well the three home sides anyway) it's a pointless exercise.
I was going to say that would be nice for our keeper not to have to stand in front of the away fans but then I realised that I don't think Cam Dawson is the sort of bloke who's going to be intimidated by 50 Barrow fans!

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
They might not be straight out of the Ultras Almanac 2022, but they will shout and roar their support and may also join in with a few songs if they get going. An undisputed FACT is that they will be louder and better support for our red and white heroes than 30 Barrow fans would be.

OmanGrecian

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall when we played Ipswich in the Paint Pot Trophy the away end was segregated into 2. The Ipswich fans had the smaller part of the stand and we had the larger part.

Red Monster

No it’s not pointless exercise it’s trying to help the team.
I wouldn’t think the players or MT would object to
having our fans in the away end .

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seems odd that people wouldn't want to have home fans in all four sides of the ground...

i8cornwall

No it’s not pointless exercise it’s trying to help the team.
I wouldn’t think the players or MT would object to
having our fans in the away end .
If that is the case do you not think Matt Taylor would have brought this up with the club by now?

I'm also sure and forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't there only one set of turnstyles for the away end?

Andy_H

If that is the case do you not think Matt Taylor would have brought this up with the club by now?

I'm also sure and forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't there only one set of turnstyles for the away end?
No there are two sets, one directly behind thew larger of the stands and the other about 30m up the road towards OTR, i think that there are two sets of turnstile at each entrance.