• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

St.James’ Road (Away End)

Red Monster

With four of our five remaining against Teams what won’t bring more than 150 fans,
it would be great if the club would open up it for the home fans.
It Shouldn’t be much of a problem to move them into the IP Stand other clubs do it .

Would help the team greatly to have us in all four sides.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
With four of our five remaining against Teams what won’t bring more than 150 fans,
it would be great if the club would open up it for the home fans.
It Shouldn’t be much of a problem to move them into the IP Stand other clubs do it .

Would help the team greatly to have us in all four sides.
We haven't come close to selling out the Big Bank but it would be a great option, particulary if the Barrow game becomes very important and there are only going to be a handful of away fans.

budegrecian

I don't know if there are any logistical issues preventing this, but it sounds like a good idea to me. Even if those in the 'away end' wouldn't be able to enjoy the new scoreboard.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't think it can be done as Blocks L and M share facilities with the terrace. Fans could mix.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good place behind that stand to pick up a free football.

i8cornwall

I think the big bank capacity is still limited because of everything that surrounded covid (I'm more then happy to be corrected here).

So if that is the case surly it make more sense to open that up more before we open the away end to supporters?

Red Monster

I think the big bank capacity is still limited because of everything that surrounded covid (I'm more then happy to be corrected here).

So if that is the case surly it make more sense to open that up more before we open the away end to supporters?
It’s to help the team to have supporters on all four sides,
especially when some teams like to turn us around so
we don’t attack the Big Bank in the second half .
If we had say 500 in the away it could make for a even
better atmosphere.
Not sure there’s any restrictions anywhere in the ground.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't think it can be done as Blocks L and M share facilities with the terrace. Fans could mix.
So is this the reason that away fans get both blocks? Looked very odd in midweek with Salford having both blocks for what must have been 30 fans.
When the away end was redeveloped I recall that for certain games away fans only had Block M?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
So is this the reason that away fans get both blocks? Looked very odd in midweek with Salford having both blocks for what must have been 30 fans.
When the away end was redeveloped I recall that for certain games away fans only had Block M?
I imagine we could have home fans in Block L, I think Block M holds around 200, but the question was about giving us the whole of the away end. I am out of date but it might just be possible for home fans to access part of the away end from the SASS and use the toilets / kiosk there, though the logistics of ticket checking, pinch points, etc would be difficult.

But I can't see it being an issue except maybe at the last home game if we look like going up automatically, although then Port Vale might have a decent number following them if they are still going well.

We can get up to 7,000 home fans in the other three sides of the ground.

ps

Sixfields on 7th May might be a hot ticket... maximum 1200 away fans.

Andy_H

There is no logistical problem with home fans using the 'Barnet' standing part of the away end, ie not the seated area, as it is totally self contained facilities wise. There are both gents & ladies toilets, plus a catering outlet all behind the stand, and it has it's own turnstiles, all be they just along from the other away fans entrance.
It's whether the club wants the extra expense of manning it, from the point of stewards, catering staff etc, for what possibly could be very little extra return, when there would still be sufficient capacity on the other 3 sides.