• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bristol Rovers discussion

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
We’re starting to build up Rovers in our minds like we do Northampton these days since they beat us in that final , veritable world beaters. Got to learn to beat these sort of teams if we want promotion , maybe now with our newfound never give up attitude we will.
The final was just another example of the hex which Northampton have had over us literally since the return of football following the end of WW 2.

Just have a look at our head to head record…..mid 58 result Northampton 9 Exeter City 0…..I can still hear the result being read out on Sports Report when it was on the Light Programme.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's going to be massive!

Keep riding that wave City!😃

STURTZ

Actually think we might lose but that will steel us to win our next two, equally important, matches.

paperclip

Their Cup Final obviously :) In all seriousness the game could have season defining consequences. If they win they are within 3 points of us. If we win the gap is an unsurmountable 9 points. It's momentul for them hence why Barton is talking it up the way he is trying to get under the skin of our players and Manager.
Surely no one takes any notice at all of what that clown Barton says, do they?

Red Devon

Anyone driving make sure you’ve enough fuel in the tank, I think panic buying may have just started again.

STURTZ

All about the first half for me, if we can show our strength and keep them at bay until half time we might have a chance. Second half our fitness will kick in and we can push them back and create chances.
Guessing our back three will be Sweeny, Diabate and Hartridge.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
All about the first half for me, if we can show our strength and keep them at bay until half time we might have a chance. Second half our fitness will kick in and we can push them back and create chances.
Guessing our back three will be Sweeny, Diabate and Hartridge.
Stubbs is back fit is he not?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could be with regard to away allocation not sure what their capacity is for away fans but would expect to be similar to the Gas. But no with regard to playing in front of a packed park

Capacity 9097, highest this season 7002 versus Southampton (lowest 1032 against the slime) Average 3271. Highest league attendance to date 5141 against Swindon. They may get more from us but their biggest gate will be the Gas on the 5th March
Agreed that the overall crowd won't be as big as some of the ones we have played in front of. However, I was thinking more in terms of it being another potential example of a game where the away allocation is sold out and City fans are denied the chance to buy tickets despite there being empty spaces elsewhere in the ground.

Anyway, that's a discussion for another day, after we've hopefully beaten Rovers.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stubbs is back fit is he not?
We don't know if Stubbs is 100% and with Hartridge looking good for the under 23's it will be tough selection call. Equally difficult are the choice of who to play at wing back and if there is any way to get Coley into the starting 11.

Red red

I went to Rovers v Chelsea at Eastville by the time we got there there (lunch time decision city away and saw it on grandstand caught the train up). There had already been a stabbing and first time I had seen police horses at a football match, charging onto the old speedway pitch, those were the days :poop:
Was that the game the barrier went over and ended up on the speedway track