• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mike Blackstone - RIP

Squeezebox

That is sad news - bumped into Mike quite often up here as he only lived about 20 miles away. Loved his real ale as well as his football.

suffolklad

Truly sorry to hear this. A true Grecian. RIP

Trapdoor

Shit....! He was so young? Thats really sad. Condolences to everyone who knew him.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
That is such sad news, like everyone has said, I didn’t know Mike but knew of him, and his programmes and books were top quality. A proper City legend, RIP Mike.

Pete Martin (CTID)

A true (off pitch) City legend is Mike. I have corresponded with him on several occasions and met him twice (once at Curzon Ashton). A quiet, private guy in my experience, but a lovely human being. RIP Mike.

budegrecian

Didn't know him personally, but he has left a true City legacy with his back catalogue of City programmes and excellent books.
RIP Mike.

denzel

Very sad news. One of the good guys. RIP Mike

Oldsmobile-88

This is very sad news.Mike was a mine of information about the Grecians & Exmouth Town FC amongst many other subjects(especially public transport)

I needed details of a Testimonial Game from 1972 a few years back..Messaged Mike & within 10mins he had given me the info that I requested.
Mike was brought up & lived in Littleham,Exmouth until his 50’s before moving to Morecambe.

The Grecian Programme under his editorship was second to none for information.

RIP Mike.

Rosencrantz

Definitely one of the people (if not the person) who knows most about City's history and stats. The programmes were always of top quality and still in a box somewhere around here. RIP Mike.

CityTillIDie

Minutes applause?