• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds entirely conceivable. Then again, The Mirror have now got a photo of a wine fridge being delivered to Downing Street last December, as well as another pic of it in situ:

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don’t think alcohol consumption is banned on government premises. Nothing in the Civil Service Conduct Code to suggest it is.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

I don’t think alcohol consumption is banned on government premises. Nothing in the Civil Service Conduct Code to suggest it is.
Random thought - British drinking culture with work colleagues and in team sports excludes everybody that doesn't consume alcohol ie Muslims. Aside from overt racism this is an issue in Cricket.

Rosencrantz

No I don't think so either.

I guess the question is when does an "after work drink" become a "social gathering". The three hours from 4-7pm seems more towards the latter and you wouldn't think much, if any, work is being done during or after. I never thought of any evening down the Black Horse after finishing time at HMRC as an extension of work 😉 even though it was with work colleagues and friends.

You would have to think that the "Operation Save Big Dog" part of the story is a joke but...

arthur

Save big job....

arthur

Truss a lot less abrasive in dealings with the EU than the hideous Frost. As someone pointed out, she is Foreign Secretary, so can't afford to alienate the EU in the way that Frost seemed to revel in....

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Possibility of more damaging revelations which seem to be originating from Dominic Cummings.

Someone who was thought to be the most powerful man in British politics may still have the cunning & the ability to topple the Prime Minister.

This makes me wonder how many of the achievements attributed to Boris ie uniting the Tory Party, winning the 2019 GE & getting Brexit done were masterminded by Cummings . Boris was just the charismatic front man.

DB9

Possibility of more damaging revelations which seem to be originating from Dominic Cummings.

Someone who was thought to be the most powerful man in British politics may still have the cunning & the ability to topple the Prime Minister.

This makes me wonder how many of the achievements attributed to Boris ie uniting the Tory Party, winning the 2019 GE & getting Brexit done were masterminded by Cummings . Boris was just the charismatic front man.
I think you'll find Cummings was the puppet master pulling Johnson's strings in all of the above.

Mr Jinx

I was the same after the Cummings affair and was moved to send the first, and so far only, email to my MP, Neil Parish. I wasn't so much angry as upset by the whole thing. I didn't get even an acknowledgement in return, let alone a reply.
I sent an email to our Labour MP not that long ago (about LTNs).

The reply I got was so obviously a cut and pasted template from someone that wasn't him, I just got even angrier.

It basically said talk to the hand and suck it up pleb.

DB9

I sent an email to our Labour MP not that long ago (about LTNs).

The reply I got was so obviously a cut and pasted template from someone that wasn't him, I just got even angrier.

It basically said talk to the hand and suck it up pleb.
I sent an email to my then MP, Mimms Davis, Never got an acknowledgement or reply, She has since p155ed off in the 2019 GE to a constituent closer to her home.