• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Spoken just like a employer struggling to look past his/her addiction with cheap foreign labour. Investing in your staff and making your businesses more efficient is clearly the way forward in this post FOM era.
'Restaurant closed due to staff shortages'

'Ah good, another business streamlining its efficiencies. Let's vote in those loveable Eton rogues again, the naughty little scamps!'

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
So if I had phoned Plod in May 2020 and asked them if it would be O.K. to meet work colleagues in the garden for drinks they would have said yes that is all fine ? I don't think so.

They were fining people for taking a coffee flask and sammidges on an outdoor walk.

Bunter is indeed following the Bill Clinton line of defence and making fancy arguments based on the interpretation of words. Does "is" mean "is" ?

Well Boris, you can stick that sort of explanation where the sun don't shine.

tavyred

The good news for you is that, as part of the gullible majority who enjoy being ruled from up high by those well educated Eton boys, you'll be celebrating election wins for the rest of your days. Congratulations!

And yes, Corbyn was a disaster for Labour and the left.
So gullible I voted for Corbyn in 2017. Go figure. 🤷‍♂️
The choice is thin I grant you, it’s up to political parties to make themselves popular. If Labour keeps losing its never the electorate’s fault.

Alistair20000

Was it Sir Keith rather than rentagob Rayner today ?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
The choice is thin I grant you, it’s up to political parties to make themselves popular. If Labour keeps losing its never the electorate’s fault.
And therein lies the problem. The Tories (and within that I included their strategists, media friends and generous donors - this applies to the Blair centre right Government too) have perfected the formula for duping the gullible electorate. They make themselves popular come election time inspite of all their failures, terrible track record and scandal. They've stoked the fear of even contemplating any alternative to the extent that people can't even remember why they want to vote Tory, just they have to. And Corbyn hugely exacerbated this problem.

But this doesn't make them the right choice for the good of the country. It just proves that the system sucks.

Mr Jinx

Starmer was technically good, but lacked the aggression for a knock-out soundbite IMO.
He always does. And that's his main problem.

All Tory MPs are complicit in this. They, as everyone, have always known BJ to be a compulsive liar with no integrity, yet they have backed him, served under him and only now see his character as unsuitable BECAUSE he's been caught.
With the Tory MP's you mention there I guess they're wrestling with either sticking with the man that got them a lofty 80 seat majority, or risk dumping him for someone that'll take them back to a wafer thin majority, a coalition with the DUP or the LibDems (not that they would do that again), or worse.

Grecian2K

Why didn't BoBo just adopt the "Cummings defence" and claim he'd only ventured into the garden for a 25 minute eye test?

tavyred

And therein lies the problem. The Tories (and within that I included their strategists, media friends and generous donors - this applies to the Blair centre right Government too) have perfected the formula for duping the gullible electorate. They make themselves popular come election time inspite of all their failures, terrible track record and scandal. They've stoked the fear of even contemplating any alternative to the extent that people can't even remember why they want to vote Tory, just they have to. And Corbyn hugely exacerbated this problem.

But this doesn't make them the right choice for the good of the country. It just proves that the system sucks.
If only other voters were as switched on as you and could see what you see eh? 🙄

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
With the Tory MP's you mention there I guess they're wrestling with either sticking with the man that got them a lofty 80 seat majority, or risk dumping him for someone that'll take them back to a wafer thin majority, a coalition with the DUP or the LibDems (not that they would do that again), or worse.
Yep, they're wrestling with knowingly supporting the continued tenure of a Prime Minister with no integrity for the benefit of their own political career. Still putting themselves first, totally complicit in this mess.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
If only other voters were as switched on as you and could see what you see eh? 🙄
See, now you're beginning to get it. Well done!