• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Any linky thing please?
Think its this one Al.

elginCity

Was interesting to see Javid's exchange with an "anti-vaxxing" Doctor yesterday, where the former came across looking like a prize tit.
I’m no fan of the banker, but in that instance he didn’t come across as a prize tit at all. Plenty of medical types have suggested who did though.

Rosencrantz

I’m no fan of the banker, but in that instance he didn’t come across as a prize tit at all. Plenty of medical types have suggested who did though.
Saying that the science isn't strong enough enough for him to support being vaccinated and then saying that he "probably" has a similar amount of antibodies as he has had Covid "at some point" doesn't exactly seem to be a coherent statement.

tavyred

Saying that the science isn't strong enough enough for him to support being vaccinated and then saying that he "probably" has a similar amount of antibodies as he has had Covid "at some point" doesn't exactly seem to be a coherent statement.

.......and if the country at large acted on that level of probability his hospital would no doubt be swamped with cases. Another one living an easier life off the backs of the vaccinated. The fact he’s an NHS doctor makes his comments all the more disappointing.

iscalad

I see Novax has been seen pictured with a group of children the day after he "contracted" Covid.

Mr Jinx

Seems pretty coherent to me. Astounded that an ex banker who studied Economics (and politics) could challenge a learned health professional. Imagine if said doctor had challenged Javid on the economy.

Oldsmobile-88

You don’t have to be Nostradamus to see that there is going to be a huge row imminent in a couple of months.
Front Line NHS Staff are universally above criticism, almost Saints if you listen to politicians with the usual platitudes knocking around on interviews.
I’m not sure many in politics will have the balls to criticise a NHS staff member who is not vaccinated,let alone oversee their dismissal..

tavyred

Good to hear that there’s lots in the papers this morning about the Government working up a ‘living with COVID’ plan to be announced around March time. He obviously won’t get the credit on here, but I still think BJ hasn’t really put a foot wrong on our covid response since about February last year.
Omicron looks to be plateauing and maybe even dropping in infections over the last few days too. 👍

InTheBigBank

Resigned
.......and if the country at large acted on that level of probability his hospital would no doubt be swamped with cases. Another one living an easier life off the backs of the vaccinated. The fact he’s an NHS doctor makes his comments all the more disappointing.
That's complete rubbish.

He states he has had Covid ergo he has antibodies, so he has immunity. As good as or better than an MRNA induced antibody response.

How is he living off the backs of the vaccinated?

Alistair20000

Good to hear that there’s lots in the papers this morning about the Government working up a ‘living with COVID’ plan to be announced around March time. He obviously won’t get the credit on here, but I still think BJ hasn’t really put a foot wrong on our covid response since about February last year.
Omicron looks to be plateauing and maybe even dropping in infections over the last few days too. 👍
As Chris Whitty stated as long ago as December 2020 that “we need to learn to live with Covid” excuse me for not throwing out any applause for this announcement.