• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Tranmere Rovers Official Matchday Thread

Trapdoor

Kite is too similar to Collins, would ideally only play one or t'other. We are missing Dieng in that regard.

Daniels is not a good enough option at the back and Jevani Brown isn't a striker.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
66% possession. 16 Shots. 1 on target. Didn’t do enough round the box, I said a while back when opposition teams out 10 around their own box we don’t have an option to score or break them down. Can put in all the crosses we won’t we don’t have anyone that will win a header with dieng out. Need a big striker to bring off the bench in games like that.

Sweeney & Hartridge both now out injured. Going to be a tough couple of weeks.
To say the least that is really putting it mildly.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
[QUOTE="manc grecian, post: 2047054, ]Absolutely no width when we play with a back 4
There was width - it just wasn't very good. We played with a back 4 for most of last season, including during our purple patch when people were wondering whether this was the most exciting team ever....
[/QUOTE]

We had nothing down the right hand side first half. Taylor tooked in to the middle next to collins and coley who we didn't get the ball to quickly enough.

It was lopsided and Tranmere dealt with it easily. Intricate one twos round the box and nobody to cross it too in the box

ExmouthMart

Where is Stubbs and why does Amond still not start games?!

Antony Moxey

In today’s sea of mediocrity, Colin Daniel stood head and shoulders above every one else as the mediocres.

Banksy

Where is Stubbs and why does Amond still not start games?!
Why not indeed? Maybe he gets tired easily.

logman

Who would think referee Bobby Madeley is a former Premier League Official. Quite the laziest official I think I've seen at SJP. Seldom breaks into a trot!
But stil covered more ground than Colin Daniel.

iscalad

Lots of effort with no end product. Seems this is our form at the moment and the sooner we start to get some reward for our efforts the better.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well that was woeful again, like Tuesday only worse. Naive, pedestrian, unimaginative, choose your adjectives. Almost nothing positive you can say, no-one had a good game.

Tranmere are another tough and energetic team who exploited an indulgent ref.

IMO we simply have to learn how to play streetwise, cynical League 2 football and do just that if we want to get promoted. On recent evidence we will finish mid table at best.

And the injury list gets worse. A bad day all round.

red1

Brown up front on his own. Amond on the bench ??? Coley and Daniels on the left does not work. Matt Jay had a game to forget as did most!!
I think in future i’m not going to turn up for the first half cos The players don't seem to !