• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Tranmere Rovers Official Matchday Thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mediocre indeed and with Sweeny and Hartridge seemingly injured I don't fancy our chances at Port Vale either.

C j phill

So Tisdale or Taylor ,if it’s December it’s time for a slump
From my over 50 years of watching City, this is our normal mid season slump and unfortunately, I was expecting this result before we kicked off. I think it will be a few weeks before we got our next win.

Bongo1959

Midfield too light , in defence and attack need more bite.

denzil

What a sack of cack !!!!! Last year 5-0 this year back pedalling fast. Fed up -YES !!!

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Loosing Sweenz & Hartridge to injuries a big blow and fear patched up Ray also out for 5 yellows. A bit harsh that Trannies foul play caused all this. Only good thing is that U23s may well get early blooding plus recall Sparked. If COVID stops season next week are we still in play offs? UTC

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought we played bloody well second half. Shame we had to wait until then to start. This pattern is becoming far too regular it seems, no inspiration, no creative ideas, no energy first half and then the same but totally different team walk out for the second half and start to play some exciting football. How we didnt score I just do not know but i dont think we could have pummeled Tranny any more than we did. Credit to them for their last ditch defending. Pie was good. Oh, and i found a £10 note when I was heading to the game so all in all not a bad afternoon.

robchave

Had some friends arrive unexpectedly, so I had to miss my first ifollow game of the season. They didn't leave until gone 5pm UK time. I was annoyed to start with. Now, think I'll send them a 'Thank You' note.

ExmouthMart

Stubbs is ready to play! That’s good news then. More worryingly a lot of players out on their feet and we lack quality. Anyone remember Nicky Law?!……

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

The usual honest interview from MT.

Or is it? Sounds like an excuse to me. An honest assessment would be that we were bereft of ideas in the final third for much of the match.

I fear this season is going the same way as those before.

i8cornwall

The most frustrating thing about today was that we played well second half in patches but lacking the final product.

Brown isn't a striker, I'm still not sure what Taylor offers and sadly Jay can creat a chance then lay it off to himself to put it away.