• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
This new variant would be the one that was announced on the WEF website on 21 JULY 2021,after being discovered by South African scientists,so the question is why wait until now to tell everyone,very convenient timing me thinks
So most of the worlds governments got together and decided to ignore a new variant for 5 months just so they could announcement its existence last week?
That’s a conspiracy theory too far for me I’m afraid.

Mr Jinx

Omicron cases now reported in Belgium, Germany and Italy.

There is no stopping this thing. The question is how dangerous is it in terms of putting people into hospital and killing them ?

As usual the media are full of doom and gloom without awaiting a study of the data.
There never was a way of stopping this thing. Surprised it's taken this long for the penny to drop for lots of people. The virus, like all other flu viruses before it, will mutate and mutate again ad infinitum. Covid is not like smallpox and just going to vanish over time. It's here to stay.

The vaccines don't prevent us catching it or transmitting it. That much should also be clear by now.

We really have to get on with our lives and live with it and not pay so much credence to the doom laden click bait the media love to keep spewing forth.

Mr Jinx

I sense a backlash with the mask wearing this time round, by ordinary folk.
Really? I don't.

Mask wearing is simply a personal choice. Respect those that want to wear one as much as those that don't.

Banksy

Omibloodycrom.There’s alway something. 🦠

DB9

Wasn't Omicrom the company that took over the Police in the original Robocop?

Alistair20000

Wasn't Omicrom the company that took over the Police in the original Robocop?
I think that is correct.

Alistair20000

Isn't it that in hospitality you’re generally sat down, not moving, with people you know, whereas in retail you’re walking around, surrounded by people you don’t know.
Just as likely to get it or pass it on when sitting down as when moving around. Just as likely to get it from or pass it on to those you know or who are strangers.

Alistair20000

If these new “measures “ are so important why wait to Tuesday ?

Travel restrictions might need a bit of time for folk to change plans but not for face coverings.

iscalad

Really? I don't.

Mask wearing is simply a personal choice. Respect those that want to wear one as much as those that don't.
I went to my local shop/post office this morning to buy a newspaper. Two girls were in the queue in front of me. They purchased a drink and then asked for a package to be posted.
Sales Assistant "That's a covid test pack isn't it.
Girl "yes it is"
Assistant " we were told not to accept them£
Girl " it says to take to a post office"
Assistant "OK I'll take it"

So the question is....
1) Was the girl wearing a mask?
2) was the girls not wearing a mask?

Answers on a postcard to
I'm a real numpty and I may have Covid
Somewhere in Polsloe
Exeter.

angelic upstart

Really? I don't.

Totally agree, I just think far fewer will comply than before.