• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Nelson Iseguan

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I couldn't find Iseguan in the Tivvy twitter line up....listed as Nelson instead....!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still a young lad is Nelson so next season playing at a higher level should give us a better gauge of how soon before he will be knocking on the door of the 1st team. Probably one for around 18 months time
We don't tend to loan players much higher than Tivertons level but agree with the sentiment

Red Devon

Still a young lad is Nelson so next season playing at a higher level should give us a better gauge of how soon before he will be knocking on the door of the 1st team. Probably one for around 18 months time
Providing he continues to improve, being a fast wide man and 19 in December I wouldn’t be surprised to see him fast tracked towards the first team a bit quicker than that.

Trapdoor

Surely Coley is ahead of him for the wide positions?

andrew p long

Surely Coley is ahead of him for the wide positions?
Yes , Coley (and Edwards on loan) currently ahead ...but I think Coley operates on the right and Nelson Iseguan on the left.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
We don't tend to loan players much higher than Tivertons level but agree with the sentiment
Tiverton are in the Southern League Premier (along with Taunton, Truro, WSM, and Dorchester) so yes this is the most common level we send players to but many players over the years have been loaned to the level above (National League South). This season we have Rowe at Chippenham and Dyer at Bath. This season again we have loaned to the division above with two having 'spent' time at Yeovil in the National League. Therefore, I would fully expect Nelson to have a six month loan (as well as Alfie Pond) at National League South level as the club will want to play him higher than Tiverton's division.

Grecianpasty

Depends on his overall development. Not just in terms of his footballing attributes but his physical one too, as he's a good stature already. He's got great pace and is comfortable on the ball. The type of player who could improve vastly in a short space of time.

I'm excited to see his how he progresses

andrew p long

Tiverton are in the Southern League Premier (along with Taunton, Truro, WSM, and Dorchester) so yes this is the most common level we send players to but many players over the years have been loaned to the level above (National League South). This season we have Rowe at Chippenham and Dyer at Bath. This season again we have loaned to the division above with two having 'spent' time at Yeovil in the National League. Therefore, I would fully expect Nelson to have a six month loan (as well as Alfie Pond) at National League South level as the club will want to play him higher than Tiverton's division.
Interesting isn't it? You'd think what Saint James describes would be the natural course. But compare Josh Key and Joel Randall at a similar age. Josh played two seasons at Tiverton from the same age (slightly older) than Nelson is now. With Joel a similar course until two seasons ago. Then when a year older than Nelson is now - after a loan spell at Weston, he got loaned to Weymouth for a month but basically didn't play (and MT was pretty fed up about that IIRC!)
So recent history shows playing at Tivvy's level right up to age 21 can work out really well

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes , Coley (and Edwards on loan) currently ahead ...but I think Coley operates on the right and Nelson Iseguan on the left.
Not forgetting Jack Sparkes who couldn’t even get in the 18 yesterday.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ollie Watkins was only ever on loan at WSM wasn't he?